PDA

View Full Version : Toaster [3] CG Crawl

David
09-25-2003, 04:32 AM
I need to do a credits roll for a motion picture it has to be about 4-6 minutes long and squeezed to the left side of the monitor. what is the best way to do this in Toaster [3]. I tried to make a roll but I had a hard time saving it Toaster CG would say it was saving and lock up. Also the defielding filter didn't seem to work at all. The text was very distorted and blochy. This is a critical part of my work is there any third party software that would work better for a long crawl or is there something I'm missing. What is the longest roll I can perform in Toaster CG and what is the best technique to squeez it to the left with out loosing picture quality.

Thank You, in advance for any help you can provide!!!

Rich Deustachio
09-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Until the CG problems are resolved I would suggest you make your scroll text in Photoshop ans save it with alpha as a .png then you can place it on the timeline, turn on overlay and move and scroll it in the control tree.

David
09-26-2003, 04:46 PM
But, I have photoshop 7 how do I roll the text or is it just a long .png file that I roll in toaster. And what shold the page size and resolotion be in photoshop. How do I set it up? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

JesusLovesU
09-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Make a tall bitmap in Photoshop and save it as PSD. You're free from choosing the right resolution for your needs.

Import the layer into After Effect and apply the motion (roll/crawl).