PDA

View Full Version : Saved Videos

Mark Miller
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
:help: I'm a newby and we have been given a Tricaster Broadcast that we are presently using to do streaming. Currently we are sending the output through a converter and inputing it to a laptop and then using wirecast to do the actual stream. It was originally set up this way because we were told that Tricaster can only support one stream and therefore wouldn't be able to send an internal and an external stream for our customers. At this time I have two questions.
1. Is there a better way to do this that will allow me to only use the tricaster for dual streams. (I have been thinking about setting up a server and then sending the stream to it and from there sending it out to the world.)
2. How do you get the saved media files in a format that I can use. Presently I can't even view them on the tricaster itself, it says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or a required codec might not be installed on your computer." I'd like to be able to get this main file and edit it and then make a disc from that to distribute to our clients. I have access to Final cut pro and Camtasia as well as a few other choices for the actual editing. I just need to be able to get these files into something that I can use. Thanks in advance for your help.

Oh I almost forgot, according to the website we are up to date on the software.

Mark

animlab
01-06-2011, 07:55 AM
1. If you are using WME pull streaming on TCB with standard profiles, you can have about 5 PC pull streams from TCB without problem in my experience.
Usually we use push mode to push TCB stream into stream server. That will make streaming job more easy and controlable on TCB side. Also, TCB only send one seream to server that make TCB work without extra overhard.

2. TCB use WME or flash to do the streaming and you have option to save the streaming file. They should be able to play by WMP or Flash Player. What format are you using?