PDA

View Full Version : AC3

nelsonm
09-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Hello,

I use besweet and AC3 machine to convert my wav files to AC3.

Does anyone have another solution?

ScorpioProd
09-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Most definately!

First of all, besweet is NOT a Dolby licensed codec, and there have been reported incompatibilities with it.

I have the DVD Workshop AC3 Powerpack upgrade and it works GREAT! I can now take either wav files or even the MPEG-1 Layer 2 audio muxed with my MPEG-2 video files and have it convert the audio to AC3 with perfect results. :)

The AC3 Powerpack is currently on sale for $149 for DVD Workshop users.

Well worth every penny.

nelsonm
09-25-2003, 01:32 AM
Hello Eugene,

Thanks for the info. It looks like ulead is slashing their prices. DVD Workshop with AC-3 is now on sale for $299.

Although i hate to have to purchase another authoring just to get the AC3 component, at least my dvd's will be that much more compatable with players.

I take it that the product will allow me to just feed it a standalone wav file from VT3 without having to author anything - right?

It also appears that the other AC3 products i was able to find are more expensive - but are they any better then your recommendation?

jennifertigges
09-25-2003, 05:27 AM
I am using the AC with DVD workshop also but have not found and easy way to get back the AC3 file after encoding it, unless I want to rip it out of the VOB. : (

Do you know a easy way Eugene?

ScorpioProd
09-25-2003, 11:02 AM
No, there's no way to get the AC3 file out, that's not the intent.

DVD Workshop AC3 IS an authoring application.

nelsonm
09-25-2003, 12:17 PM
hello,

do you mean to say that the program does not output the mpeg and ac3 files during its process and it just converts on the fly on its way to creating the vob files?

I already use DVD Virtuoso.

ScorpioProd
09-25-2003, 01:05 PM
Oh, well, sure it uses temporary files in the intermediate process, but I wouldn't really recommend killing a process to crash out of a program as a "standard" method of recovering temp files. Bad karma.