PDA

View Full Version : Using a dll as a library with lscript

iain_r
11-27-2010, 05:17 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to write a plugin to use as a library for lscript to get round some of the limitations. I've found the example from archive.org and the lscript.h file. I can get the basic script working, but having a problem trying to extend the example. The docs for the SDK indicate that there is an lwlscript.h file in the include directory but it's not present. I've even looked at the 7.5 include files, I'm currently using 9.6. There as a link in an old thread to a tutorial by Carl Looper on clandestine.au with files but it's not available any longer.

Does anyone have a link or files for the tutorial or is there any other information out there about using creating the dll and passing the values back and forth between lscript and the file.

Thanks in advance

Iain.

evenflcw
11-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Got an email for files? (private message it).

I did find the lwlscript.h in what I think the 7.5d version of the SDK. Using it I've compiled Carl Loopers lscript extension DLL tutorial (squareroot) in VS2008 and ran in 9.6. It works!

iain_r
11-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Hi,

Thanks, pm sent with email.

Regards,

Iain.

iain_r
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi,

Thanks to Dan I've made a couple of dlls to extend lscript due to the limitation of the options for flag values in object agent. The rar file includes the lscripts to call the dlls. The AcquireGlobal.dll is loaded as a normal plugin, there is no panel/xpanel. The ObjectInfo64.dll is loaded by the lscript ObjectInfo.ls. The example, TestExternal.ls, shows if Matte is set and it's rgb values and Unseen by Camera. They were all topics that came up on the lscript mailing list. These dlls are 64 bit and you need to use the specific characters m for matte, c for colour and u for unseen by camera.

Use at your own discretion.

Regards

Iain.