PDA

View Full Version : License key not found trial version for 10 days

desegno
11-26-2010, 10:08 AM
hi at all
ive register my lw 9.6.1
i've download all and install it
i've create a license.key after the register of serial number and used the new code for create the license.key with notepad only the first string.
save the license.key in programs folder.

when open layout there is a inquietant banner:
YOUR TEMPORARY KEY HAS 11 DAY REMAINING * CONTACT ETC ETC

if i give ok open layout...go to HELP ----> ENTER LICENSE and there is anothe banner: ERROR:MAKELICENSE.LS * Line 31 , illegalarithmetic operation on data type.

can you help me?
thank's for all
it's a sentinel problem? i've used sentinel download from 9.6.1 web download page!!

win 7

Dexter2999
11-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Pretty sure a Sentinel problem would just tell you "Dongle not found. Starting discovery mode." Or somesuch.

Is the license key still kept in the Programs folder under Win7? I'm running Vista and think mine is in a folder named something like Administrator/.Newtek/Lightwave/licenses.

Hope this helps.

Caveboy
11-27-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm having similar issues. Last time I used modeler 9.6.1 was 10-24-10. It was fine for months.
Now I tried it and it can't find the license.key

Did something happen?

Cageman
11-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Go to registration and download the new keyfile. LW9.6.1 is open beta, which means that every 90 days you need to get a new license. It should be updated automaticly in registration.

Once LW9.6.1 is released, it will most likely use the same key as LW9.6.

Caveboy
11-27-2010, 07:52 PM
If you are using 64bit Mac, and have a Rainbow Dou dongle, you migh need a manually generated key from support.