PDA

View Full Version : Double box creation

Ithyl
11-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm new to using the LiveSet Constructor; I was hoping to use it to create a simple PIP LiveSet. My question: is it possible to use LiveSet Constructor to create a double box LiveSet? If so, can anyone provide a primer on how to do this?

SBowie
11-22-2010, 07:17 PM
The LiveSet Constructor is intended to create sets that support just a single video input, sorry.

Ithyl
11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Do you know of any other options for creating a simple picture-in-picture effect (as opposed to the double box LiveSets included with Studio)?

billmi
11-23-2010, 07:14 AM
The LiveSet plugin for LightWave can build LiveSets with up to 2 inputs.

The LiveSet plugin for Aura can build LiveSets with up to 4 inputs and is really better suited for picture in picture type LiveSets.

SBowie
11-23-2010, 07:33 AM
First let's categorize the two sorts of options you have for a PiP:

1) LiveSet
2) Other

Let's deal with #2 first.

Depending on the need, you might be able to get away using keying to provide the PiP source. This has limited usefulness on an SD model TriCaster, because you can't freely position the source, nor scale it (as you can on a TriCaster TCXD).

You would need to supply the source 'pre-formatted' in some manner. This might work if, for example, it was a Skype video screen from another networked computer. You could display the Skype Window on a suitably coloured Windows desktop, position it where you want it, send it to TriCaster as an iVGA source, key out the desktop, select Ext as the Program row video source, and select the background video source on the FX row. Alternatively, you could skip keying altogether, and just use the keyer's Garbage Matte to reveal the FX source.

You might take a similar approach using one of Tricaster's video inputs, instead.

Otherwise, we're back to #1.
To create a custom LiveSet for an SD TriCaster that supports >1 live video input, you need Aura ver. 2.x, LightWave3D ver. 9.31 (or better), the appropriate plugins, and the knowledge to use them, OR a friend or contractor with same.

You might begin by posting a mockup of the end result you're looking for.

alexoliveira
12-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Any recommendations for a pip set for purchase doing a 4-3 show on my tcxd300?

alexoliveira
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Im very surprised this isnt a transition option...but i am just a simple with a cursory understanding of the voodoo that happens "in the box"

SBowie
12-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Any recommendations for a pip set for purchase doing a 4-3 show on my tcxd300?For TCXD300, you have all sorts of convenient approaches.

Cue up the PiP source in one of the Overlay channels, then scale and position it. Done. (If you need to, you can crop it and or key it in the Input Setup panel for that source.)

Alternatively, do the same thing using a Virtual Input. You can use the dedicated Overlay in there in the same way, or simply position and setup Input A over Input B. Or all three ...