PDA

View Full Version : Interacting with Relativity through lscript?

Dennik
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm having a blast lately with relativity. As with many of you I'm sure, it proved to me that this old 9.6 cow has still some milk in it!

Anyway. I'm trying to automate some tools here for a rig, and I wanted to know if there is a way to implant expressions into relativity engine through an lscript. Would I have to write them in the scene file and then reload the scene? I've seen some plugins do that scene reloading, like the automaton tools, but that would be rather complicated as I'm just starting to play with lscript.
Any ideas?

Dennik
11-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Just to correct myself, automaton tools don't do scene reloading, but I think some autorig plugin I used in the past did. Although reloading is not that important.
The one thing I'd like to know is if relativity or any plugin in that regard, constantly read and write values on the scene file on the background. Cause if that's the case, then an interaction between an lscript and relativity is possible and could be realtime. Right?

Phil
11-18-2010, 07:46 AM
There's no way to do it and NewTek/Prem never saw fit to add the support. To my understanding that's why addons like Maestro and so on use LW's native LScript-based expressions - there's just no way to apply Relativity in the way that they would need it to be applied.

Relativity doesn't reference the scene file during its operation - just like every other plugin, it uses the loaded scene dataset.