PDA

View Full Version : LWSN + Sliders

Abigor
11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
i did a search, and apparently this was an issue back in 2003. i have the Sliders plugin added to a scene. when i put the scene up on Smedge (network render) to render, all the jobs fail, and i get an error saying it failed to load Sliders, as well as a 'global error'.

does anyone know if this has been resolved or if there is a work around?

im trying to render in LW9.6 32 or 64bit.

nickdigital
11-16-2010, 02:39 PM
LWSN will complain about the sliders failing but the images should still render properly. I think it's just an issue of LWSN not understanding what to do with the slider interface.

It does make it more difficult to figure out if a job actually fails for another reason as all your frames will say "Fail".

Abigor
11-16-2010, 02:40 PM
ya im pretty sure it was killing the jobs completely and trying to start new frames. ill see if i can tell smedge to ignore the errors perhaps.

Lightwolf
11-16-2010, 02:46 PM
It certainly is an issue that many have reported by now ... but, as nickdigital said, it's only related to the GUI, the plugins still works fine in lwsn.

And it would be just a line to fix (if done quickly).

Cheers,
Mike

nickdigital
11-16-2010, 02:52 PM
I know I've fogbuzed it. I don't believe I've seen it as a fixed case though.

nickdigital
11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
ya im pretty sure it was killing the jobs completely and trying to start new frames. ill see if i can tell smedge to ignore the errors perhaps.

I'm not sure about Smedge but with our controller there's a limit on the retries a scene will be submitted when a Fail state is returned. I suppose you could turn that down to 1...though if a scene is really failing for a real reason that frame will just be bad.