PDA

View Full Version : Can I bring in Photoshop/After Effects lower thirds to Overlay?

celtics23
11-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I have some trouble getting the exact lower thirds that I want in the Tricaster Text software so I am wondering if it's possible, and if so, what the proper procedure is, to bring in titles made in photoshop and/or after effects to use in the Tricaster.

Danner
11-12-2010, 02:52 PM
In photoshop:

To avoid rescaling make a new project the same size as your intended resolution. Make sure your background is transparent, Use an independent layer for each piece of text, turn visibility on for one layer at a time and export as PNG32.

Of course also save the psd file so you can later edit your text if need be.

joseburgos
11-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I prefer saving in PSD format or the same as the Photoshop project is in. I find it to be the best for the alpha channels in the layers. Also it makes it easy to go back and forth when tweaking.
LiveText will always auto center an image file when dragged into the title so this is important to know when designing elements in pieces for compositing in LiveText.
Also always use RGB in photoshop or you will get some problems.

celtics23
11-17-2010, 09:40 AM
1. How do I name each "page" that I create? Currently an arbitrary, confusing name such as Text Page - 010 is automatically created.

2. How do I get rid of titles (pages) that I have created and appear in the Text Page section of the Templates in the Live Production Tab?

joseburgos
11-17-2010, 09:58 AM
***WARNING****
Do this at your own risk
Exit to Windows. Go to the D:Media\Media\Titles folder. Locate your session folder and open it. Then open the title folder with the name you gave it in LiveText when you exported for live. The folder should have a folder and a cgxml file with the same name. Now click on the name portion of the folder example TitlePage001 and change it to LowerThird, as an example. Before hitting return/enter, CTRL + A to select all and then CTRL + C to copy. Now click on the name of the .cgxml to change it's name and press CTRL + V to paste the name you used on the folder.
Another thing you may want to do is right click on the main title folder (the one that holds the title folder and cgxml file) and copy it. Then go to the C: drive TriCaster folder and then open the title folder. Paste it into there and now you have access to them whenever you make any session.

Take care,

joseburgos
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
2. Just select the title and press right mouse on it and choose Remove or select the title and press delete on the keyboard.

bbailey
01-13-2011, 11:15 AM
If you make only the background for the lower third in photoshop, once imported into your Tricaster you can then make your first title and save. Then use that for as a master for other versions of the lower third. This way you'll be using the titler in the Tricaster to easily change the lower third's info.

joseburgos
01-13-2011, 04:08 PM
If you make only the background for the lower third in photoshop, once imported into your Tricaster you can then make your first title and save. Then use that for as a master for other versions of the lower third. This way you'll be using the titler in the Tricaster to easily change the lower third's info.

:)
If you read through the whole thread you will see that was already mentioned as well as other tips to enhance the use of title templates.