PDA

View Full Version : OFF TOPIC: creating sig image in outlook 2007 [drives me insane]

cresshead
11-11-2010, 05:47 AM
OFF TOPIC: creating sig image in outlook 2007 [drives me insane]
:D

not a happy bunny....
if you add in a image into the signature for outlook 2007 it scales it down...
oh n btw you MUST use 96 dpi images...

i found a so called solve for this annoyance in that if you control+click the signature button [in mail format tab] you go the the folder where it stores the htm where you can dig thru the code and edit the img> tag to re size it BACK to the size it should be....

testing this newly edited htm file in firefox or any browser show this to WORK...looks FAB!

however back in outlook when you generate a new email it goes off and resizes it again!:eek:

also..note microsoft moved from using IE for html editing in outlook2003 over to...yeh...get ready to scream...WORD to edit htm....

honestly for such a simple task as adding in a nice footer image i've never had so much hassle.

COBRASoft
11-11-2010, 06:17 AM
I made a simple html file in notepad on a known place on my computer, then I opened this html file in explorer, selected everything, copied it and then I pasted it in Outlook Signature Editor. Worked fine by me...

cresshead
11-11-2010, 06:35 AM
so you pasted the CODE from your html file into the signature window?:question:

COBRASoft
11-16-2010, 06:37 AM
No, not the code, I copied the content in Internet Explorer after selecting it all with the mouse.

erikals
11-16-2010, 03:59 PM
haha,... ain't it fun how small things like that can get on ones nerves :] ...?!

...hehe http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif