PDA

View Full Version : Opening Vue In Lightwave

simonlion
11-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Hello Every-one.

I am running vue extreme 8.5, I am, and LW 9.6.. I am exporting the entire vue scene, and for file format, I use lwo format. But when I open the scene file in Lightwave, I see a Dark Box. I cant not see my vue file
Simon...

dballesg
11-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi,

I do not understand too well what you are trying to accomplish here.

You want to export the objects from a Vue scene to LightWave? If your vue scene has Ecosystems, these can't be transfered from Vue to LightWave.

If you are using xStream you do not need too either, you can load the .vue file in LightWave using the File Open on the Vue 9 xStream tab inside Layout. And render all from LightWave. But the rendertimes will be higher than rendering in Vue alone and compositing it's render with LightWave's render.

David

simonlion
11-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Ok, I built a Landscape, with Atmosphere and plants, and I want to open it inside Lightwave. But when I open it In Lightwave, I only see a black box
simon

dballesg
11-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Ok, I built a Landscape, with Atmosphere and plants, and I want to open it inside Lightwave. But when I open it In Lightwave, I only see a black box
simon

Again, how did you exported this from Vue as .lwo???. Or you are trying to load the .vue scene file through xStream.

I think you need to read the Vue xStream manually to see how the process is done.

And if you post a screenshot it can help as well.

David

simonlion
11-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Here is a screen-shot from Vue Extreme,, it is a test ..
I think it is working now. all I had to do inside Lighwave was to Resize it much bigger
Inside vue I select file- Export Entire Scene, and Inside Export option, I File Format, I choose Lightwave Scene export,,
But Inside Lightwave, It dose not look as good as vue.
Here is the screen shot of a test from Vue.
Thanks
Simon

Peter Ekberg
11-15-2010, 02:13 AM
can you post a rend from LW
just curious

simonlion
11-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Ok here is a Rendered shot in vue, and LW.
Simon

simonlion
11-16-2010, 12:19 AM
can you post a rend from LW
just curious

Here is the image

simonlion
11-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Here is the image

Here is the LW Renedered

simonlion
11-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Here is the LW Renedered

In vue

simonlion
11-16-2010, 12:24 AM
In vue

In vue

simonlion
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM
And....... ?

I feel like we're playing 20 questions, and you're reluctant to provide any helpful answers to help YOU.

Last time for me... WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO GET TO THAT IMAGE IN LW? (see the questions above that are STILL not being answered)

I select file save entire scene, then I open it In LW
simon

simonlion
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Inside vue, I save the entire scene as .lws,, and I go back to Lightwave and I open it.
simon

simonlion
11-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes the tree is Ecosystem. I used a Train to create the mountain, and I added some rocks from Ecosystem.
simon

simonlion
11-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Yes the tree is Ecosystem. I used a Train to create the mountain, and I added some rocks from eco system.
simon

This is the lw shot

simonlion
11-18-2010, 10:46 PM
This is the lw shot

This is the Layout file

dballesg
11-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes the tree is Ecosystem. I used a Train to create the mountain, and I added some rocks from Ecosystem.
simon

I told you this from the start of this thread!!! :D

If your vue scene has Ecosystems, these can't be transfered from Vue to LightWave.

This is the Layout file

Did you know that LightWave Scenes and Objects are in separated files. If you want to post the scene, you need to post the object as well. The best way is work with a Content Directory in LightWave, and then compressing it as a .zip. And attach that to your posts. We don't need it on this case. Because as I said Ecosystems can't be transfered to LightWave from Vue xStream.

David

clagman
11-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Without getting into this one too much, I think that the RTFM rule applies.