PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Collaborators for an Animated Short

DigiLusionist
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Hello, all. I have written the first version of a script for an animated short. It is a fantasy short about a roguish adventurer called, Jacqueval Treyds. I am almost done adding three more scenes to it. You can read the first version here: http://eboncourt.com/roger/JacquevalTreyds_Script.doc

I would like to build a volunteer team to create it using LightWave for the modeling and Lightwave or Maya for the rigging and animation. The final result would be used as an animation festival circuit piece that we can use as a recent sample of our collective 3D work.

I need the following team members:

Two to three CONCEPT ARTISTS to design the characters, sets, and props.

One STORYBOARD ARTIST to create the storyboards, based on my directions.

One to three ANIMATION PLANNING ARTISTS to create animation thumbnails for use by animators in key scenes.

One to three CHARACTER MODELERS who can do eight (8) high-quality, stylized cartoony characters: roguish adventurer, winged demon, flying shade, magic mouth on wall, gelatinous cube, skeleton, valkyrie caryatid and opera woman caryatid. Phoneme and expression morphs would be needed for each character.

Two to three MAYA CHARACTER RIGGERS who can incorporate squash and stretch into rigs.

One SCENIC MODELER who can create a jungle cave exterior set, a connecting tunnel, and an underground temple set.

One or more PROPS MODELERS who can create fantasy-style props and set dressings.

Three or four UV TEXTURE MAP ARTISTS who can create painterly-style fantasy textures.

Several actors are onboard to do the voice over work. We will have a web site devoted to this project, with information about team members, the development process, and the final animation. We will have a trailer of it put on YouTube when all is done.

I am currently building a team of 3D animators who know how to incorporate traditional animation techniques into their 3D work. More are always welcome.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Dexter2999
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Try here as well...
http://collabunlimited.net/

toby
11-09-2010, 12:14 AM
You don't need lighting/rendering/compositing?

bazsa73
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Hi, in your profile the link to your website is incorrect, it points to eboncourtent instead of eboncourt like in your mail.
Good luck with your project!

DigiLusionist
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks, Baz. I updated my company web address in my profile.

Yes, toby, we'll definitely need rendering and compositing. But, I was going to post for that once the art concepts were done. The style of the characters and the environment will influence the rendering, etc.

toby
11-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Ah that makes sense. Trying to get everyone at once is unlikely.