PDA

View Full Version : LW 10 - Just Purchased and Confused

kirkeric
11-07-2010, 01:10 PM
All,

Appreciate if someone could help me out here. I purchased LW 10 and after receiving the email I sat confused. I don't have a download link, no instructions on what to do, don't know how to sign up for this HardCore thing, lost as to what I am to do.

Are there any instructions on what I can expect? Could use a little guidance.

Thanks ahead.

Eric Kirk
Kirk Productions

Dexter2999
11-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Welcome Eric-

Well, you will be mailed the software on disks and a dongle. (at least that is how it has worked in the past.)
When you load up the software and have your dongle ID go to the Newtek>Customer Care>Register A Product...and setup an account and proceed from there.

If you have specific questions you will get the results from contacting customer support directly rather than posting on the user forum, although the moderators here are often very helpful.

Hope this helps.

Cageman
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
All,

Appreciate if someone could help me out here. I purchased LW 10 and after receiving the email I sat confused. I don't have a download link, no instructions on what to do, don't know how to sign up for this HardCore thing, lost as to what I am to do.

Are there any instructions on what I can expect? Could use a little guidance.

Thanks ahead.

Eric Kirk
Kirk Productions

Hi eric,

Are you a new user to LW, or just new to HC?

kirkeric
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi Cageman,

Sorry for delay. No, not a new user. I've had LW since 2007. I am definitely new to HC, but then I guess IT is new too. Just didn't really get any instructions with my purchase so while I did in fact also write customer service, I figured if there was any way to get to my download this weekend, it would be through the forum.

Looks like that's not an option. Although, my purchase seemed to imply it would not be mailed so I thought it was a download only purchase.

Appreciate any other info you can provide.

Eric

Hi eric,

Are you a new user to LW, or just new to HC?

kirkeric
11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Dexter,

Thanks. Appreciate your quick feedback. As mentioned in my subsequent post, I thought it was a download only. Still not sure to be honest.

EDIT. I just went back to my receipt and it says "shipping is not required for this order".

Eric

Welcome Eric-

Well, you will be mailed the software on disks and a dongle. (at least that is how it has worked in the past.)
When you load up the software and have your dongle ID go to the Newtek>Customer Care>Register A Product...and setup an account and proceed from there.

If you have specific questions you will get the results from contacting customer support directly rather than posting on the user forum, although the moderators here are often very helpful.

Hope this helps.

Eroneouse
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Once logged into the main forum, dunno if you found it yet but scroll down the list of all the different forums and right at the bottom of list is the section for CORE :)

kirkeric
11-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Yes, thanks. I did find it. It gets in to it a little but it also mentions immediate access to downloads, almost like it means beta downloads before the release. Of course, it also does not let me post in there. :)

Speaking of which, it mentions release in Q4 all over, but nowhere do I see the actual date. Has LW10 been released or are we looking at somewhere between now and end of December (which I presume is 4th quarter)?

Eric

Once logged into the main forum, dunno if you found it yet but scroll down the list of all the different forums and right at the bottom of list is the section for CORE :)

crashnburn
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
If you have bought Lightwave 10 then you are able to download the betas until the full version is released. Your licence key will be in your registration area under 'your products'. Download the beta, install, run Core, enter your licence key and away you go.

kirkeric
11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks. That was my first thought. I went to my products, my downloads and all it shows is the last version. Then again, maybe their idea of "immediate" download is different than mine and perhaps they haven't updated it yet. I bought it about 2-3PM today.

Eric

If you have bought Lightwave 10 then you are able to download the betas until the full version is released. Your licence key will be in your registration area under 'your products'. Download the beta, install, run Core, enter your licence key and away you go.

crashnburn
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Have you tried emailing Newteks customer support. I'm in the UK and Ricky Mendozza had me sorted and running within an hour or two. He did a great job.

crashnburn
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
It is the weekend, so perhaps give them time lol.

kirkeric
11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, at this point that's about my only option. Lol
But yes, i emailed them first.

Eric

It is the weekend, so perhaps give them time lol.

jasonwestmas
11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, you are waiting on NT to get your Hard Core forum access activated. Then you will be able to go to the appropriate thread and download the beta. You should be able to go to registration online and register your license. Your activation key will be mailed to you or posted in your products registry online. LW10 is going to be released this quarter. . . we think.

Snosrap
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
The info is here. http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112155

JonW
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
The whole process for getting LW10/Core up & running is not clear. It would be nice if Newtek could at the very least add some clear notes on the process.

kirkeric
11-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks. That is the info that I found but had to search around. Not to unfairly criticize or anything, because I love LW. What I would have expected however with the purchase receipt/email would have been some links, info on where to go, what to expect, etc.

So, I found the area you cite below but even it was not entirely clear. If I understood right though, I did send my username for the forum site to the email address they list. I wasn't sure if that alone would do it so I actually included the receipt email as well. Anyway, I suspect all will work out today sometime.

Appreciate all the comments. If nothing else, maybe it will help them to add a tad more direction with the purchase.

In any event, I am excited to see what this new version does. Sounds like there is not set date as of yet. Are you folks actively using the beta version and is it working well?

Thanks,
Eric

The info is here. http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112155

GandB
11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Perhaps you could contact support at NT and point them to this thread. You're not the first person who has had issues with this process it seems. This kind of feedback could help them to do better in that area; I'm sure they don't need anyone getting frustrated from the actual purchase of LW10! ;)

kirkeric
11-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Well, finally got all the codes, the download, installed it. Sure looks pretty. :)

Now, the big question. Is this backwards compatible? I launch it and go to open the working file I've been working up and first, it seems to be looking for a different type file. When I choose all files, I load mine and see nothing.

Eric

Snosrap
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, finally got all the codes, the download, installed it. Sure looks pretty. :)

Now, the big question. Is this backwards compatible? I launch it and go to open the working file I've been working up and first, it seems to be looking for a different type file. When I choose all files, I load mine and see nothing.

Eric

Head over to the HardCore portion of the forums, we can't talk openly about 10 or Core here. :thumbsup:

kirkeric
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, sorry about that. I already posted one over there. :)

THanks,

Eric

Head over to the HardCore portion of the forums, we can't talk openly about 10 or Core here. :thumbsup:

Sarford
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
...nevermind... :D