PDA

View Full Version : Need Custom LiveSet for XD300!

rifftrax
11-04-2010, 05:28 PM
We purchased a Tricaster XD300 with the intention of creating our own live set for our live productions, only to find out that the LiveSet Generator for Lightwave is not compatible at all with the XD product line. Very disappointed. :mad:

After some research in the matter we found a beta program for the SDK Live Set Compiler, which is overly complicated and requires NewTek to actual approve our own work before building the final set for us. Then we found the announcement of the TriCaster Virtual Set Editor (VSE). From what I understand, VSE will cost almost $1000 and not even allow you to make your own custom sets. It will only allow you to modify currently available sets.

So how do we get custom sets built for our XD300? Is there a beta for VSE we can try? The sets included with the Tricaster in no way fit our production and are basically useless to us.

-David

PIZAZZ
11-05-2010, 09:08 AM
contact Jose Burgos at
http://www.burgosfx.com

contact Eric Pratt at
http://VirtualSetworks.com

Both should have sets that would work for you. or they can customize existing sets to fit your needs... or build you one from scratch.

joseburgos
11-05-2010, 09:18 AM
You could get someone like me to take your art work and compile it for you for a lower cost than creating the entire virtual set.
Contact me if you are interested.
[email protected]

SBowie
11-05-2010, 09:27 AM
... the SDK Live Set Compiler, which is overly complicated and requires NewTek to actual approve our own work before building the final set for us.The LiveSet Compiler definitely would never be described as 'user friendly', true. I have to quibble (respectfully) with the wording of this sentence though. Again, it's true that the license agreement stipulates output must be submitted for approval, but a) this is, as I understand it, primarily to ensure LiveSets in public use meet a high standard of quality, and b) it is not the case that NewTek 'builds the final set' for anyone.

There are plenty of potential pitfalls in creating TCXD compatible LiveSets, and I don't think anyone wants sub-standard product 'out there' that might give viewers a poor impression of NewTek product capabilities. As far as I know, this is the principle reason for the 'quality check', and really, it serves as a protection for those purchasing LiveSets from third-party practitioners as well.

From what I understand, VSE will cost almost $1000 and not even allow you to make your own custom sets. It will only allow you to modify currently available sets.I'm actually pretty impressed with VSE, more so than I expected. It is quite easy to use, fast, and surprisingly versatile. That said, certainly those with very limited or occasional needs may not be inclined to part with the purchase price. It seems likely to me that many who do purchase it will be persons who offer customized sets to others in one form or another.

Perhaps there's also a place in the market for a much more limited tool, akin to the basic "LiveSet Generator" - but I think that would fall short of the real world needs of most, and I don't think it's being actively contemplated at the moment. At the end of the day, I think we have to accept that the realm of virtual sets is a high end one, and although NewTek has done a lot to democratize it, the demands in terms of authoring technology are still non-trivial. The LiveSet Compiler is a good demonstration of that fact.

rifftrax
11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
SBowie - Is there a beta program for VSE? Where can I find more information on this product and its features?

Tim H.
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Virtualsets.com also creates LiveSet virtual set designs for the TriCaster. LiveSets for both the XD and SD TriCasters, but particularly for the XD300 and XD850.

http://www.virtualsets.com

rifftrax
11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
You could get someone like me to take your art work and compile it for you for a lower cost than creating the entire virtual set.
Contact me if you are interested.
[email protected]
We have Lightwave and we have built a room ready to make into a live set. We will need to tweak the lights to match our real lighting in our green screen room but only after seeing the talent in the virtual set. So I am predicting some back and forth to finalize this. Our set is for our own private use only.

SBowie
11-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Is there a beta program for VSE?Internal only so far, afaik, sorry.

Where can I find more information on this product and its features?To the best of my knowledge, preparation of marketing info (incl. manual) is just nicely underway. Further details might be a couple of weeks out yet (only an educated guess).

I can say, without giving anything away, that I was pleasantly surprised by VSE. Anyone who has passing familiarity with TCXD should have no trouble mastering it in about 15 minutes (or less), but really the part that I wasn't expecting is how much fun it is.

p.s. - knowing a little about your particular needs, I can say that it's childishly easy to change the input from a one-person setup to a two person one, or to change the scale or placement of the input 'frame'.

rifftrax
11-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Is "LiveSet Artisan" still in development? And if so whats the difference between "LiveSet Artisan" & "VSE"?

SBowie
11-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Is "LiveSet Artisan" still in development? And if so whats the difference between "LiveSet Artisan" & "VSE"?Same thing, new name - 'The software formerly known as "Artisan" is now "TriCaster VSE".

rifftrax
01-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Where is TriCaster VSE? NewTek's press release back in September stated a Q4 2010 release.

SBowie
01-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Given that it's Jan. 2, 2011, I can say with some confidence (along with regret) that it's not running late. I'm sorry not to be able to provide anything solid as respects release timing. :(

PSith
01-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi, anybody konw about Liveset version 2.0.? I have some experience with Liveset Generator for lightwave:lwicon:. and I would like to try Liveset 2.0. do you know where/how can I get it?

SBowie
01-23-2011, 07:58 AM
As mentioned in this thread, TriCaster VSE is soon to appear, but not yet available. This thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106565)contains details of the TriCaster TCXD LiveSet Compiler SDK. These two are the only tools for creating LiveSet 2 type virtual sets.