PDA

View Full Version : Video Channels to market products,youtube-vimeo?

prometheus
11-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Hi there!

Our company is in the cradle to start showcasing training exercises along with our gym machines.

In the first steps it will be filmed HD-photage, but perhaps some 3d renderings aswell.

our products are mostly aimed at gym companies/retailers and rehab, and they are mostly shipped to nordic countries estonia, some minor sales in the middle east, china and germany, the company is growing and along with that also the exports.

Now I wonder wich channel you guys would recommend to showcase this.
Youtube or vimeo? or something else.

Youtube are of course the most used and known, but what are the difference between the two channels in terms of storage,upload and targeting? and also the cost of the accounts?

Michael

walfridson
11-04-2010, 03:48 AM
"Vimeo is for noncommercial use only. If your intent is to use Vimeo as a hosting service for your business, or promoting a product or service, then you are not allowed to use Vimeo."
not a big deal I guess but youtube has alot of options for paying users, making your videos rank high.
Like when you search for "lady gaga paparazzi" and get "bad breath treatment" as number one :D
Look at google adwords as well!

prometheus
11-04-2010, 03:59 AM
"Vimeo is for noncommercial use only. If your intent is to use Vimeo as a hosting service for your business, or promoting a product or service, then you are not allowed to use Vimeo."
not a big deal I guess but youtube has alot of options for paying users, making your videos rank high.
Like when you search for "lady gaga paparazzi" and get "bad breath treatment" as number one :D
Look at google adwords as well!

Oh my, I thought commercial use was allowed within vimeo +.
I wonder were the line is drawn to showcase stuff if your freelancing thou.

So this means vimeo is out of the question I guess.

Isnīt there a Newtek channel on vimeo or Is it only video post from other people showcasing Newtek products?

Michael