PDA

View Full Version : problem with sliders

jimiclaybrooks
11-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Lately I've been trying to use sliders more. I had gotten away from then till I got Rebel Hills tuts. My problem is, the sliders won't work. They won't move, and worse, the controls won't slide. :cursin: Is there something I'm not doing, or is it just the sliders, cause this has always been a problem for me. :help: I've been doing a search on this, and haven't found anything helpful.

RudySchneider
11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
You do realize that you don't actually grab the sliders, right? You simply click-drag the left and right triangle icons to the right of the slider line.

jimiclaybrooks
11-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Well maybe things have changed, but when I did use sliders, I could click on the little button shown here, and then I could move the slider panel to a more convenient place on the screen. Furthermore, if you grab one of the slider knobs, buttons, or whatever they're called, they would move across the panel. That's what I'm trying to do here. Again, I could be all wrong, but thats the way I used to do it. Now, like I said, it doesn't move at all. :stumped:

Soth
11-04-2010, 07:46 AM
t - translate
y - rotate
ctrl+D - sliders

That is the easiest way, in theory you can just click on them when selecting any tool, but it usually does not work that well (or at all). :)

jimiclaybrooks
11-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I agree. I've always had trouble just moving a slider out of the way do I can see a little better. Thanks

nickdigital
11-04-2010, 02:08 PM
If sliders are cluttering your workspace try this auto-slider toggle script.
http://people.dsv.su.se/~dan-dulb/evenflow3d/index.php

zapper1998
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I wish sliders had a seperate non-modal window...

TeZzy
11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
hell yeah, if sliders were like the morph mixer sliders that would be nice.

A few months ago, I got in contact with Martin Fleurent about his sliderbox 1.7 script. Unfortunately he has moved on to do other things. And the script doesn't work with 9.6. Martin was really nice in that he gave me the source code and said that he wouldn't mind seeing it being revived.

Hoping some kind soul would help out with updating this script.

I have the got source code if anyone is keen.

Cheers.

jimiclaybrooks
11-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks again Nickdigital,
the slider plugin looks really useful, and for sure, I'll be using it. :thumbsup:

zapper1998
11-05-2010, 03:51 PM
hell yeah, if sliders were like the morph mixer sliders that would be nice.

A few months ago, I got in contact with Martin Fleurent about his sliderbox 1.7 script. Unfortunately he has moved on to do other things. And the script doesn't work with 9.6. Martin was really nice in that he gave me the source code and said that he wouldn't mind seeing it being revived.

Hoping some kind soul would help out with updating this script.

I have the got source code if anyone is keen.

Cheers.
can u share the source code
pm me please..??

Mike

TeZzy
11-07-2010, 02:15 PM
hey no prob zapper....will pm it to you very soon.

Let me know if anyone else wants the code.

by the way, Martin's site is here

http://mfleurent.free.fr/html/f_lw.htm

and here is the docs about sliderbox

http://mfleurent.free.fr/lw/SliderBox17/Doc/SB_v17_Doc_Eng.htm

TeZzy
11-09-2010, 01:22 PM
yo, zapper.....I can't pm you. Doesn't allow me.

I will just add the source code as an attachment. I don't think Martin will mind.