PDA

View Full Version : Where is Saslight?

TunnelWalker
11-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I haven't had a need for fur since I was in LW 8. Now with 9.6 I am looking for Saslight, and not finding it. Did it go away? Renamed or replaced, or just moved to a different set of menus?
Thanks in advance.

Kuzey
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Since it's a very old third party plugin and no longer developed...I presume it wont work in 9.6.

LW has it's own fur tool called Fiber FX...there are some videos here:

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/96training.php

Kuzey

Eroneouse
11-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Its there in the 32 bit version of 9.6... in layout, Object Porperties Window > Deform Tab >Add Displacement menu > Saslite. Oh yea and it does work :) though im not sure if its in 64 bit version so if your 64 bit thats why you can not find it.

Edit - As Daforum says about the MAC version below I have no idea as I am win 32 bit.

daforum
11-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Not available for Mac UB (only Mac PPC users and I guess Windows too)

jwiede
11-08-2010, 02:46 PM
The odd thing is that Worley eventually updated Sas for MacUB, but apparently SasLite either never got the same update, or Newtek doesn't have rights to the updated version.

Kind of a shame, but clearly Newtek's focused on FFX (which makes sense). I just wish FFX were a bit closer to being a reliable day-to-day solution, it's okay for fibres/grass/etc. but much beyond that (and even sometimes that) FFX gets surly and uncooperative.