PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, gravity's going the wrong way.

Dreamcube017
11-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone.

I have a small problem. I've broken an object to drop on the ground for render... but when I go in HardFX and set the gravity to -9.8, it just falls up in the air during calculation.I can't figure out how to make it fall down.

EDIT: Yes, I tried setting it to 9.8, the same thing happened.)

Also on another note... HOW DO YOU ERASE OBJECTS?? it seems like it'd be easy... but hitting delete after selecting an object just erases the keyframe. I go in Properties and see clear all, but I don't see clear selected. I went in the Edit menu... but no delete there either. Why is it so hidden? Ugh.

On ANOTHER note... WHERE IS PRESET CENTRAL?? I can't seem to find it at all... I needed some preset materails (because I don't want to make them if they're already made) and the site's gone or so it seems.

MovieMaker1972
11-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Did you try 9.8 instead of -9.8?

oops I should have read twice and posted once lol

Dreamcube017
11-01-2010, 11:33 PM
lol it's cool. Yeah I tried that.

I also tried the gravity instead of hard FX, same thing.

There also seem to be some keys in the timeline I can't erase from this object.

I had it previously break in a different way, but I didn't like that, so I moved it and I thought doing a recalculation would just overwrite the other one...

I figured I could just make a big plane, and set it as a collision object so that the pieces would just land on it when they fell.. but they won't even fall towards it.

Dreamcube017
11-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Whoa double post... I figured out the graity problem... it was a keyframe that was messing stuff up... I was able to erase it... but the other two questions still remain.

Where's preset central and how do you erase objects?

kosmodave
11-02-2010, 12:17 AM
To erase objects in layout, select it and then press the minus key on your keyboard. Inversely you can add objects by pressing the Plus key. I tend to use the plus and minus keys on the number keypad on the RH side of the keyboard.

As to Preset Central, I believe they are undergoing a change of server so hopefully they will be back soon.

Dave

Dreamcube017
11-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Ok thanks... uh... what can you add>? Does it load them or something or is it just adding perimitives?

Danner
11-02-2010, 05:23 AM
hitting + opens the "load object" requester

Nangleator
11-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Not sure about the gravity problem. I easily did an animation once where two sets of balls interacted. They had opposite gravities, and bounced around quite amusingly.