PDA

View Full Version : Liveset wont respond...

ASPN
11-02-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a Broadcast unit and for whatever reason we can't choose any liveset, camera angle, background color change or anything associated to Liveset or Livematte to work in any fashion. Could this be from a changed user profile? Some default setting? Camera mode? Is there a chance it cant find the files associated with the Liveset?s I havent found anything in the search option on threads that actually have this as an issue.... any help would be appreciated...

SBowie
11-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Can you see LiveSets listed in the drop-down in Input setup? If so, when you select one (and select a Shot), does the quad selector populate? (If so, that would incline me to think the LiveSet files are present and installed in the right locations.)

You don't mention exactly what happens when you attempt to choose a LiveSet ... what the nature of the failure is; but it sounds like you can't even get a basic LiveMatte setup to work. What happens when you put a greenscreen shot on the Program row, assign and enable LiveMatte for it in Input Setup, then select the colored background on the effects row?

joseburgos
11-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Is LiveSet enabled and is LiveMatte enabled? Plus what Steve wrote.

ASPN
11-02-2010, 12:30 PM
THey are present in the drop down menu.... They dont do anything when selected... as if they are just pictures in the drop down menu.... Live matte doesnt do anything.... I foolishly allowed someone to make a windows user profile and I believe that when we looked at the profile the files that contained the liveset were not present within that user... so we copied them and put them in our user profile but still nothing happens... so I renamed the user profile to default user and it found the files in the drop down menu for liveset but still they wouldnt appear in the live or preview windows.....

SBowie
11-02-2010, 12:42 PM
THey are present in the drop down menu.... They dont do anything when selected...If they show up there, at least I think we can assume the files are located where they should be.

.. as if they are just pictures in the drop down menu.... Live matte doesnt do anything.I assume you are enabling the correct switches, and have used the input drop to select the correct input to apply the effect to? (This can be a pitfall, when "Follow Preview" is turned on).

so we copied them and put them in our user profile but still nothing happens... so I renamed the user profile to default user and it found the files in the drop down menu for liveset but still they wouldnt appear in the live or preview windows.....I think the files in Default User can be used by any user, so this shouldn't have been the real issue.

joseburgos
11-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm stumped :(

ASPN
11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Maybe you could accept a phone call from me tomorrow and walk me through some basics?

SBowie
11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd like to see a screengrab showing your Input Setup tab, switcher and monitors.

ASPN
11-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Screen grab eh.... That would be another help forum for me.... I wish I was more tech saavy....

SBowie
11-02-2010, 05:44 PM
The short version - press your Print Screen key to copy the screen to the system Clipboard. Exit TC, and launch "Paint" from the Windows Start menu under Accessories, I think). Press Ctrl+v to paste the clipboard image into the program, then save the file. Transfer it to your internet system, and attach it to a forum post.

ASPN
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Alright, the screen shot is attached. Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Thanks.

billmi
11-09-2010, 07:57 AM
I VT[5] not the TC Broadcast, so I'm not as familiar with the interface, but it looks to me like although you have chosen Input 4 to apply the LiveMatte to, you're working with the background layer, since "Follow Preview" is checked. What happens if you try this with Input 4 selected on the Preview bus?

joseburgos
11-09-2010, 08:35 AM
No it's easier than that Bill. He needs to turn on LiveSet :)

ASPN
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
The screen you see there is a simple attempt to get the "background" to change colors... we tried the liveset several times we were focusing on the Live matte... is this the right set up to get the background to work?

SBowie
11-09-2010, 12:50 PM
There may be something to this. Without getting into a lot of detail, to my surprise, I've been able to replicate this condition (wherein neither LiveSet nor LiveMatte is responsive). I'm trying to chase it down, will report as soon as possible.

ASPN
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Because I got my Liveset just like it is in the screen capture and cant get it to operate still.... I have retried the steps to get the background and cant get it to operate I also set it up for Liveset again and nothing... thanks Bill for looking into it further...

SBowie
11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm still working on this, but let it be said that first, Josť is certainly correct that a LiveSet will not be active when the LiveSet switch is not enabled.

That said ...

It is not necessary to enable LiveSet for the input source to use LiveMatte.

When LiveMatte is configured for a source selected on the Program, the source selected on the Effects row should automatically appear behind it unless LiveSet is enabled (which can produce diverse results). It seemed from your posts that even a simple keying setup wasn't working, which is why I wanted to try to diagnose that seemingly simpler issue before continuing to see what was up with your LiveSet problem. Your screenshot appears to be correctly configured for LiveSet to work, by itself. See image attachment.

In addition to the LiveSet problem, you reported LiveSet as non-responsive. In the pursuit of this issue, I've been able to replicate that non-responsive condition, as I mentioned. I'm trying to track down the exact sequence that led to it right now.

SBowie
11-09-2010, 02:12 PM
@ ASPN ... have you, by any chance, updated your TriCaster software at any time recently?

ASPN
11-09-2010, 02:33 PM
When I attempt to update it states that I have the current version... I have run windows updates... we actually used the PIP once a few months back just to make sure it worked and it did. We just decided last week to get it up and running again and thats when we found this issue.

SBowie
11-09-2010, 02:47 PM
When I attempt to update it states that I have the current version... Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that you perform an update, just asking if you had done so in recent memory.

As I said, I managed to get my system into exactly the same state you described - accidentally, while trying to diagnose your issue. Here's what I think happened to me (ymmv):

Just by chance, my TC Studio needed to be registered last week (I don't use it all that frequently, mostly for troubleshooting). I wasn't able to get an unlock key when I needed it, so clever boy that I am, I thought I might get by temporarily with reinstalling the most recent patch. Bad idea ...

Suffice to say, my system was now royally fratzed, and I was unable to do any testing re: your issue all weekend (blush). This am, new key code in hand, I did a full restore, which took me back to 1.x. I have a folder on my D drive with the various updates on it, so next I did the primary 2.0 install (which, btw, gave me LiveSets, and I tested both LiveMatte and LiveSet without issue.)

Somehow, after that, I messed up the order of the patch installations. I believe I was 'helped' in this by the fact that one installer is labeled "25" (i.e., ver. 2.5) while a yet newer one is shown on the website as "QuickTime Patch added 10-05-2009 ", but when unzipped becomes "TriCaster 2 Update 91709". In consequence, I got the install order wrong (you'd really think 25 is higher than 2, wouldn't you?)

In the end, LiveMatte worked properly exactly once, then locked up, and both it and LiveSet behaved exactly as you describe in this thread. I tried every trick I could think of to kick it loose to no avail.

All of this being so, I have to wonder if something similar happened to you. I have since re-restored, re-installed the main 2,0 upgrade plus the "TriCaster 2 Update 91709" patch, and all is well with the world again. What a day ....

joseburgos
11-11-2010, 01:45 PM
The screen you see there is a simple attempt to get the "background" to change colors... we tried the liveset several times we were focusing on the Live matte... is this the right set up to get the background to work?

The little black box next to the words LiveSet needs to be clicked on to turn on the LiveSet. Have you tried that and still nothing happens? Just selecting a LiveSet from the drop down box does not enable LiveSet.