PDA

View Full Version : Aura and set generator

n9103h
11-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi, again, it is the learner... George

I can make my gif with a transparent back ground (for my foreground set) and my full screen background and build a live set with live set generator and it works.

For the likes of me I can not get it to work in Aura.

Layer 3 name background (full screen gif image of the background)
Layer 2 name Input Full screen layer made with liveset brush
Layer 1 name foreground (gif of desk)

I have tried it with my gif's that work in Liveset generator (standalone) and it is fine, I have inported these and named them as the layer names above.

I click the liveset switch in the panel.

Please, someone of a higher IQ tell me where I am losing it, I am losing my hair too.... SMILE

I did make the forground with aura from the back ground image with the eraser tool. WHen doing that I can see my checkered back ground so I am guessing it is making a transparency.

THanks so much, once I learn this I will make a video for others to show my thanks

George

SBowie
11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi, again, it is the learner... George
Hi George. nice to see someone taking the time to learn these things, congrats. :)

I can make my gif with a transparent back ground (for my foreground set)I just want to mention that GIF, although it does support transparency, is a low colour format, and unsuitable for any LiveSet you create that you want to look realistic. You should use a 32bit format such as PNG, TARGA, even TIFF or (flattened) PSD.

Layer 3 name background (full screen gif image of the background)
Layer 2 name Input Full screen layer made with liveset brush
Layer 1 name foreground (gif of desk)Setting aside my remarks on GIF, that sounds fine.

I click the liveset switch in the panel.What LiveSet switch in what panel?

n9103h
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Being new, I am not sure if the attachment works, it is Aura setup as I would to generate the live set.
Layer 3 background
Layer 2 Input
Layer 1 copy of background wiht all erased I don't want (fast job to show you)

From this point I would generate live set, ATL -TAB over to VT5 and then
have live mat checked, live set with the selection of the live set I just made.

I get what would appear to be only the back ground and it will show nothing from the camera.

WHere am I blowing it, I use JPG this time. ( for speed to answer your questions)
G.

SBowie
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
A couple of things ....

- What are the full names of the uppermost and lowest layers in your screengrab?

- It looks like your lowest layer is intended to be the foreground (since I see some transparency in it)? The foreground should be at the top in Aura's Layer Panel, and the background should be at the bottom.

Otherwise, looks ok.

n9103h
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Okay, you are making sence, but I was reaading the layer sturcture int he PDF about live sets and it show the layer 7 as beign the background and layer (lower number) as beign the foreground. I will try that and note you back.

SBowie
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Aura layers are numbered from top to bottom.

n9103h
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
that was it, I was reading like a computer person starting with zero, layer 7 being to the topmost and not the bottom most....

Now I can make some killer stuff..

Are you near southern california, I think I owe you an In and Out double double.

SBowie
11-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Are you near southern california, I think I owe you an In and Out double double.I'll have to settle for your undying thanks (unless 2000 miles give or take 'near')? ;)

n9103h
11-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks, guy, near is relative as I understand from filming at caltech. I am running for Mayor out hear and everything has been a rush. When it slows a little I will put together my steps as a newbee that others can follow, with credit to you.

Thanks