PDA

View Full Version : Lights temperature

Weetos
09-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey dudes

I'm stuck on a dumb thing, and I guess I might misunderstood something. we have several lights to set up on a scene, which have their own specific temperature. I checked that topic out Dan's Inside LW7(Appendix B - Color temp of light - page 1101) and I found that the light properties panel doesn't show the correct colour (3000K should gives warm white but gives orange instead) and it's not possible to set the temperature to more than 11000K :confused:

Among the lights in thescene I need one set to 14000K and I don't know how to obtain it - Can someone help me ?

Thanks

Regards,

Weetos

Mylenium
09-23-2003, 12:54 PM
From a strictly mathematical/ physical point of view LW gives you the right results. I suppose you are forgetting that

a) Lights in real live emit a mix of wavelengths/ color temperatures.

b) The luminous medium (gas, plasma etc.) is surrounded by glass and phosphorous coatings.

Both these things will change the look of the light. Since LW does not know about the specifics of the light(bulb)s you want to recreate, the only way would be to manually tweak your lights until they give you the right look. Maybe in v8 they will have support for IES data which takes those effects into account...

Mylenium

Weetos
09-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Thanks for this quick reply. I'm gonna try setting all that stuff the good old way... and spend some time on tweaking until I get what I need. hepefully it will look like what it should

Best regards

Weetos

WizCraker
09-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Also you might want to change the color picker to the other lwColorpicker Can't remeber what the name is exactly but it gives you color based on Tempature in Kelvin.