PDA

View Full Version : How to select polygon based on Surface Name??

inkle
10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi all,

i know there's a plugin or functions in LW that can allow me to select polygons based on the surface name.

Can anyone point me to the correct directions??

Thanks!

nickdigital
10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
You can select based on surface name in the polygon statistics window. Hit the "w" key in Modeler to bring up the window.

inkle
10-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks!! the time i've spent searching thru the net looking for answer on this, finally got it here.

prometheus
10-27-2010, 04:51 AM
yupp..the above is how to do it, I just want to add that if you select a certain polygon and go to the selection tab, you will find select entire surface under the polygon meny.

That will select all polygons with the same surface and Itīs helpful when modeling lots of different parts, just take it for custom to model sections with different surfaces.

Michael

Danner
10-27-2010, 06:10 AM
One thing that I find invaluable while working in modeler is to be able to edit the surface of the polygon I have selected. On large objects with a ton of surfaces, finding the exact surface of a particular polygon can be tedious.

http://people.dsv.su.se/~dan-dulb/evenflow3d/index.php Instal "ef PickSurface" and bind it to a key. Now select a polygon, hit the key. surface editor pops up with the correct surface highlighted and ready to edit. This lscript has saved me so much time I had to click the donate button.

JeffrySG
10-27-2010, 07:12 AM
One thing that I find invaluable while working in modeler is to be able to edit the surface of the polygon I have selected. On large objects with a ton of surfaces, finding the exact surface of a particular polygon can be tedious.

http://people.dsv.su.se/~dan-dulb/evenflow3d/index.php Instal "ef PickSurface" and bind it to a key. Now select a polygon, hit the key. surface editor pops up with the correct surface highlighted and ready to edit. This lscript has saved me so much time I had to click the donate button.

wow... didn't know about that one! I'll have to give it a try. Seems like a big time saver!!

Kuzey
10-27-2010, 07:30 AM
I was using a different surface picker....it had a 50/50 percent success rate, might be because it was so old.

Anyway, this one looks to be working nicely...thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Kuzey

antsj
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the hot key "w" and for the evenflow plug in. Great help.

aj

Matt
10-27-2010, 03:46 PM
There is also a 'Select Same Surface' command in LighWave, you may need to add it to the menu. Do a search in Configure Menus for 'Select Entire Surf'. There's a whole bunch of other ones in there too.

prometheus
10-28-2010, 12:54 PM
There is also a 'Select Same Surface' command in LighWave, you may need to add it to the menu. Do a search in Configure Menus for 'Select Entire Surf'. There's a whole bunch of other ones in there too.

Yeah thatīs what I said...:D

Michael