PDA

View Full Version : Trial to full

Eroneouse
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I had a hard drive calamity the other day which has caused me to have to format and reinstall, so all goes well I have my hard drive partitioned better than it used to be and a clean install of windows xp sp3. However trying to reinstall lightwave 9.6 has been an unsucessful pain thus far with the program erroring out at different points of different reinstalls. Sometimes it errors out on some .tga files and sometimes on some .lwo files but always I end up with a quick flash of blue screen full of white text and an auto reboot before I can see what any of the error msg's are.

So my main question is, as I can not seem to get a clean reinstall from the disc's will it work if I dl the trial and run that with my full licence key, will I end up with a fully licensed version of LW ?

hunter
10-25-2010, 05:20 PM
you shouldn't need the trial version. I haven't installed from a disc in a while now. Just go to your registration page and download 9.6 or 9.6.1 or both and install. license it and off you go.

Eroneouse
10-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Thank you for that thought didnt think of that but its nearly 12.30 midnight here and im tired but I shall go and look into that now. Thanks again :)

Edit - That seems to be going well so far :D