PDA

View Full Version : turning off User account controll windows 7 and lightwave 64 bit

prometheus
10-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Is there a quick easy way to turn off user account control for Lightwave 64 bit specificly or do I have to lower that globaly?
windows 7 and lightwave 9.6.

lightwave 32 bit starts up without any prompts but this user account control prompt annoys me, even if itīs just ok to run as administrator I would rather have it start up at once.

Michael

Nicolas Jordan
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't know if there is a way to do it on a per program basis but I just turn UAC off completely since it's just more of a pain than anything as far as I'm concerned. I turn UAC off by going to "Run" and then type in msconfig and then under the Tools tab you should find an option to change UAC settings.

prometheus
10-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't know if there is a way to do it on a per program basis but I just turn UAC off completely since it's just more of a pain than anything as far as I'm concerned. I turn UAC off by going to "Run" and then type in msconfig and then under the Tools tab you should find an option to change UAC settings.

well yeah I know how to turn it off, but Itīs ridiculous not being able to simply do it per program basis.

Michael

LW_Will
10-25-2010, 02:34 AM
I moved the config files from my "Program Files(64/32)/Newtek" directory to my "My Documents/My Lightwave" directory. Changed Program Icons. Works perfectly and no UAC problems.

prometheus
10-26-2010, 11:56 AM
I found this..

in the layout shortcut tab where you have the tabs ..security/details/previous versions/general/shortcut/compatibility.

In the shortcut tab I clicked advanced and unchecked the "run as administrator"

that did the trick, no more annoying user account control messages.

Michael