PDA

View Full Version : Animation on objects

itc
10-22-2010, 09:50 AM
It's been a long time since I've been on LW and still catching up since Amiga days. Most of you probably haven't heard of the Amiga. Anyhow, I am trying to figure out how to do a few things. I am having problems with one issue now - how to get an avi or .mov file to display on a surface of a LW object.

If I can get this done I think I can figure out the rest of my issues on this animation, but this has me puzzled now, and missed a deadline unfortunately. They did like the alternative choice enough to select it for the opening, but I still need to get this completed.

thanks in advance.
Chuck O.

Waves of light
10-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi Chuck,

I do remember the Amiga, I was a very lucky boy to have had one, but I never used it for animations.

Anyway, I think you can load a mov sequence into the image editor and then select that as the surface for an object. There is some info on it here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/75/855139

Cheers,

Ricky.

prometheus
10-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Many of us here knows the amiga, my first was an amiga 500 and I still have the amiga 2000 lying in the attic, without a harddrive thou:)

deluxe paint was a classic, and I have a nice sound library program wich saves my Roland d50 sounds in a very simple and nice UI , I havenīt
seen it working as smoothly in other pc programs.

Now getting movie clips in on to a surfaces should be no problems, except if you are trying to load mov clips in to a 64 bit system, that would fail since quicktime doesnīt have 64 bit support.

You must always load a mov clip or image sequence clip through the image editor, once loaded and there there you need to switch image mode to sequence, if you have rendered out image sequences it will automaticly load those.

open up your surface you want the clip to be in and open the T button on the color channe and select image and you should find your sequence there, use automatic sizing.

that should be it, and fully playable in open gl.

Michael

itc
10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi, and thank you for the replies, yes this is a 64 bit system. So that was part of what I was running into, as well as the new HUGE MENU LADEN new lightwave program.
Wow has it changed...

Lots of learning to do. I have a few books from Dan Ablan, and the multitudes of online training...

Hopefully I'll get up to speed enough that the rendering will eventually have a nice look to it. We are going from nothing except power point slides to video now, so just about anything looks good that I present. Just have to stay ahead of the curve now.

Thanks again for the help, always liked the LW group here. Even when I had quite doing LW on the Amiga, I'd still stop in and take a look and what everyone has been up to..

Good luck on the projects everyone!

Waves of light
10-24-2010, 03:00 PM
deluxe paint was a classic

Wow, so many memories are coming back right now. I even remember the day my mum walked me into the PC store and allowed me to purchase the Amiga 500 (most of my friends had Atari STs). A small tear, as I remember how proud I was when I walked away with with a bag full of goodies.

Thanks mum. :D

itc
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Wow, so many memories are coming back right now. I even remember the day my mum walked me into the PC store and allowed me to purchase the Amiga 500 (most of my friends had Atari STs). A small tear, as I remember how proud I was when I walked away with with a bag full of goodies.

Thanks mum. :D

So, you are working in LW now, wonder what those Atari folks doing?
Still playing games?
I hate what was done to the Amiga, but the computer and friends around the world made it a special machine, and newtek helped finish the spin that things are really possible with the internet from anywhere now.