PDA

View Full Version : Patching telephone call through to Tricaster

Griffcoach
10-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Is there a way to patch a telephone call through to the tricaster for a sports talk show that is streaming "live" over the internet.

I am using the Tricaster Pro v.1

Any help on how and the equipment needed would be great.

Thanks.

brians0105
10-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Sure --

With some basic wiring knowledge, you could take a cordless phone or a wired phone that has a headset jack to tap into the IN and OUT audio from the phone that would feed into the TriCaster.

Or you could use one of the pre-made solutions from JK Audio at http://www.jkaudio.com/radio-applications.htm.

Brian

PIZAZZ
10-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I would just use Skype to do this. You could use the audio or audio/video.

No real cost involved. You could also get a Skype In number that someone without broadband and Skype could call into "old school" wise.

GeekNews
10-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I have used phone bridges from Telos for years. You will get about the quality that you would expect from an analog connection. I use a standard mixer with aux sends.

Feed the tricaster audio from your mixer.

Todd..

Is there a way to patch a telephone call through to the tricaster for a sports talk show that is streaming "live" over the internet.

I am using the Tricaster Pro v.1

Any help on how and the equipment needed would be great.

Thanks.

RRiegler
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I would invest in an "Inkeeper" Hybrid (JK Audio) if you have the budget. It basically takes a telephone signal and separates the incoming audio (caller) from the outgoing audio (Handset) and provides you with a line level audio output of the Caller and enables you to use a line/mic level source for the outgoing audio.

jmmultex
02-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Remember that whatever solution you choose, you will need to provide a mix-minus feed for your caller. Some of the suggested solutions will take care of that directly, other will require you to create that mix yourself.

Best,
John

Buddy.Hannon
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
We did a call in show we use a JK Audio - AutoHybrid, we also use http://www.callinstudio.com/ and it does a great job.

m4a2000
02-07-2013, 03:48 PM
A few years back I had an IT guy wire up a little box that connected to the AUX out of a cisco phone so I could do live phone calls with my VT5.

On the attached you can see the RCA coming out to bring audio to a mixer, a 1/8 jack brings in audio from AUX 2 of the same audio mixer which is set to prevent the caller from hearing themselves, and finally a standard RJ11 that connects to the cisco phone.

gigtime
03-29-2013, 07:07 PM
I have used phone bridges from Telos for years. You will get about the quality that you would expect from an analog connection. I use a standard mixer with aux sends.

Todd..

This is the solution I use. No mix minus required since the caller's voice is coming in on a separate line. The Innkeeper does, however, get a little bleed from the talent side so I use a noise gate to eliminate it.

joseburgos
04-01-2013, 07:33 AM

Todd..
I agree and have used the Telos units many times with no bleed through what so ever. I have thought about the JK Audio line for less expensive budgets and I have actually installed a couple of That-2 for a couple of clients which they are satisfied with.
As to mix minus, its a must and make sure you handle it externally from the telephone hybrid/telephone interface. This is essential not only to not send back to remote feeds audio back to them but also to be able to send back other audio whatever that may be (B-Roll, 2nd remote feed, etc.).
Edit: And allow the audio OP to operate one audio mixer to handle all audio levels.