PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Intuos4 issue

3D Kiwi
10-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi. Not really a lightwave issue but was hoping someone could help. Just bought a brand new wacom Intuos4 from ebay, and have noticed that the top button on the side of the pen is alot harder to push than the lower button. Hoping someone that has one of these tablets could let me know if this is normal or not. Its a ptk 640. Thanks.

Hieron
10-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Intuos 3 here, can't imagine them to be too different.. It's the standard one, yeah?

Both buttons (actually, both sides of the same button) are the same here.

3D Kiwi
10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for that. I called the guy and he tried two other pens and said the top one did feel stiffer. Im compairing them to and old intuos 1 we had here so it may be worn out. Might just try and get used to it.

Drocket
10-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi,

Both buttons feel much the same on my Intuos4 pen, at least I can't feel a difference.

akademus
10-22-2010, 02:28 AM
Hey man,

I tried it on several pens here on both wacom 3 and wacom 4 on all of them upper button seems to be slightly harder than the lower one, but its not a big difference, not like you have to try really hard to get it pressed.

I, however, almost never use that one, only lower one as a right click or alt.

Cheers!

Boris Goreta
10-22-2010, 06:20 AM
On all three Intuos4 pens I have both buttons feel the same, not really hard. Tip for Intuos4 users: if the inside of the pen develops play you just need to press hard on both sides of the pen end push towards the center of the pen like you were closing it again. No need to open the pen. The play can be noticed if by pushing the eraser you can feel the tip moving and the other way around.

3D Kiwi
10-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Hey man,

I tried it on several pens here on both wacom 3 and wacom 4 on all of them upper button seems to be slightly harder than the lower one, but its not a big difference, not like you have to try really hard to get it pressed.

I, however, almost never use that one, only lower one as a right click or alt.

Cheers!

Hay bro how are you going?
Think i will give the wacom a week or so to get used to it. I was using a non wacom before so pen is quite different. Problem is Softimage has the navagation mapped to the s key and the 3 mouse buttons so I am using both the side buttons on the pen alot and when one is stiffer than the other is really is noticable, Tho i have found If i hold the pen differently from what im used to with the non wacom its not to bad so will see how I go.

I heard you gave up 3d and became a florist????

akademus
10-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Good man, good.

Hope you're well too.

There is actually a way how you are suppose to hold the wacom pan. You should rest it on your middle finger, between index and middle finger, using index and thumb for lower and upper key switch respectively.

There is a video on that

http://www.wacom.com/downloads/videos.php?id=14

You can map the keys to become s+middle and s+rightclick in Softimage only.

Once you get use to it you can star makin' money like these guys do :)

http://vimeo.com/15192184

Rumors are true, I'm growing all kinds of funny weed and flowers now and life is much more colourful :D

Take care mate.

Matt
10-23-2010, 01:07 AM
There is actually a way how you are suppose to hold the wacom pan. You should rest it on your middle finger, between index and middle finger, using index and thumb for lower and upper key switch respectively.

How cool, that video describes exactly how I hold mine, and no one ever told me that was the more correct way! It just felt right to me.

Boris Goreta
10-23-2010, 05:46 AM
I use index finger to access buttons, using thumb feels clumsy.