PDA

View Full Version : Edit Properties Panel in DDR Script Change?

bradl
09-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Aussie,

There is a thread over in the BetaForum's Suggested Features concerning navigating a long clip in a DDR. It was suggested to be able to scrub the clip with the mouse and current location indicator. Setting the In or Out point by Left/Right dragging in not practical on long clips. Someone suggested dropping the clip on a VTEdit timeline then dragging the edited clip's instance into the DDR as a workaround, but that was not the answer they were looking for.

What about the ability to F8 pop open an Edit Properties Panel from a DDR. That would make setting In/Out a breeze right there in the DDR. Seems like that may be a simple script change to accomplish, but I could be way off. What do you think?

Thanks,

Jean
09-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Hi Bradl
I've searched for the "f8 edit properties popup" in Vtscript without succes.
seems to be a compiled fonction.

we could add shortcuts to move forward/backward 5sec / 10sec / 1 min etc...

Would help to navigate faster in large clips while waiting for a better way.

Jean

RomainR
09-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Even on a 2 hour clip it doesn't take that long to scrub through using the alt key to adjust the in and out point.

Just place the mouse pointer on the left side image and hold down the alt key and drag to the desired in point and for the out go to the right side image and hold down the alt key and drag.

YOu can even give seperate in and out for the audio of a clip by holding down the control key.

It works great and is fast and painless.

Faraz
10-06-2003, 08:06 PM
If I understand right, you want to open up Edit Properties window in the DDR. I did this in T2, once I get in front of a T3 then I'll give you guys the command.

djlithium
10-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Any further info on this Faraz?

I would really like to see a way to do this so I have access to things like Overlay and Alpha throught the F8 shortcut.