PDA

View Full Version : LightWavers up for some Medal of Honor ?

OlaHaldor
10-20-2010, 06:45 AM
I hated the first beta. The second beta got me going, and I've spent a few hours at war with others through different servers worldwide.

The game rocks! Not so much of that "run and gun". I can't stand the modern warfare/ww2 shooters where the players act as if they're playing Quake or Unreal where the gameplay is all about moving fast and get frags faster than the others.

What do you think? Have you played it yet? Add me to your in-game friends list if you wanna play. My nick is TigerOla.

JohnMarchant
10-20-2010, 08:39 AM
I hated the first beta. The second beta got me going, and I've spent a few hours at war with others through different servers worldwide.

The game rocks! Not so much of that "run and gun". I can't stand the modern warfare/ww2 shooters where the players act as if they're playing Quake or Unreal where the gameplay is all about moving fast and get frags faster than the others.

What do you think? Have you played it yet? Add me to your in-game friends list if you wanna play. My nick is TigerOla.

Yeah been playing it for a bit. To be honest its ok, but they have not learnt from the mistakes of BFBC2. The bullet dynamics are bad, the ragdoll, is sometimes hilarious.

Whilst i agree it is better in some ways than MW2, MW2 is still a far more enjoyable game overall and the graphics are better as well, everything always looks a bit blurred in MOH and BFBC2. MOH always feels to me like it should have been an addon for BFBC2.

I think allot of people will be waiting for MW2 Black Ops, then i think sales of MOH will fall off.

If you see me in it im "JohnMarchant", maybe we should start our own clan if there is enough of us.

OnlineRender
10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
join the revolution :Lightwave Gamer Clan (wip) .

http://lightwave.enjin.com/

OlaHaldor
10-20-2010, 02:14 PM
QuakeLive?..

OnlineRender
10-20-2010, 02:26 PM
mainly its set-up for all 3D user gaming clans , you pick ! POST :) ,just setting it up , I can broadcast servers , but I dont know what ones yet!

JohnMarchant
10-20-2010, 04:47 PM
join the revolution :Lightwave Gamer Clan (wip) .

http://lightwave.enjin.com/

Well ive joined just waiting for confirmation email

OnlineRender
10-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Well ive joined just waiting for confirmation email

(there seems to be some teething problems atm " I dont know if its because the site is just active)
Registration should be instant mate ,any suggestion or elements you would like to see "let me know " .

you can use this link

http://www.3DGamers.co.cc

inquisitive
10-21-2010, 02:00 AM
any TF2 Lightwaver's heh

OnlineRender
10-21-2010, 04:15 AM
guys I changed it to

http://3djunkies.enjin.com/ for domain reasons
it will now be 3Djunkie.com , once activated . . .

signup here http://3djunkies.enjin.com/

I'll work on it tonight

Cheers :)

JohnMarchant
10-21-2010, 04:45 AM
(there seems to be some teething problems atm " I dont know if its because the site is just active)
Registration should be instant mate ,any suggestion or elements you would like to see "let me know " .

you can use this link

http://www.3DGamers.co.cc

Well ive not got an email yet, tried to re register but now cant use the email as its already in use. Tried the new address but wont let me do anything until i verify my account and i cant without an email.

OnlineRender
10-21-2010, 04:48 AM
Well ive not got an email yet, tried to re register but now cant use the email as its already in use.

nightmare ! , sorry dude , trying to get things fixed up

I changed to this http://3djunkies.enjin.com/ , I gather you cant sign up because your email add is pre-registered

JohnMarchant
10-21-2010, 05:38 AM
nightmare ! , sorry dude , trying to get things fixed up

I changed to this http://3djunkies.enjin.com/ , I gather you cant sign up because your email add is pre-registered

Hi finally in :):):)

lwaddict
10-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Tried MOH, didn't care for it...

But I'm down for some action with the COD release in Nov for sure.

OlaHaldor
10-21-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm not interested in "run and gun"-gaming.. I was thrilled about CoD BO until I saw.. no difference.. only a few added multiplayer modes. Should be an add-on instead of a completely new game imho. They're not getting my money. Especially if it's not coming to Steam.

JohnMarchant
10-21-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm not interested in "run and gun"-gaming.. I was thrilled about CoD BO until I saw.. no difference.. only a few added multiplayer modes. Should be an add-on instead of a completely new game imho. They're not getting my money. Especially if it's not coming to Steam.

Thats the problem with allot of these games. Everyone complains about camping whilst they are running around the field bunny hopping everywhere stabbing people with a knife, yeah thats real.

So is CoD BO not coming to steam then. Im on steam but sometimes i have very mixed feeling about it.

MoH to be honest is starting to get to me

OlaHaldor
10-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Search for and add these servers to your favs.
10th Tactical
40-1 Tactical
1Para

They are all "tactical realism", meaning crouch only. Run only if you're under direct fire. You'll get kicked if you do not. (provided there's server admins on..) This way, the game becomes much more intense than the "run and gun" kind of gameplay the young "elite gamers" tend to. When I'm killed by a runner, I get mad. I leave. I can't stand it... There's no tactics involved but "I kill as many as I can until I die, and then I will respawn and do it again".

With tactical gameplay I can feel my heart pounding, I'm almost able to hear my own breath because it's so quiet. My palms are sweaty and BOOM! I get this adrenaline rush by getting one of the bad guys.. Instead of running and rush to the next target - I stay put until the next one comes. Or move to the next window.. or the next wheelbarrow just down the street.. Camping? Might be, if you ask the newcomers to gaming. I call it smart play and tactics.

Those who run will destroy the game, not only for themselves, but also the team mates. They expose themselves by running and make noise. If they run by a team member, they will expose him and he will be the one who's getting fragged - usually not the runner - until he's up close to some badguy and makes a mistake.

Using smoke and move in groups is not necessary, but it's quite handy to defeat the enemy. ;)

I've searched a lot, and I cannot find any information about whether it's coming or not. Some websites says it's gonna be like MW2, you need steam to invite friends and so on. Others have no information about it at all. I won't be getting it until it's cheap anyway.

jasonwestmas
10-21-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't have Medal of Honor but I have yet to play a multiplayer shooter where people are interested in strategy and tactics. Bad luck on my part. Left4 dead doesn't count, that's just chaos all around you not military type stuff.

JohnMarchant
10-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't have Medal of Honor but I have yet to play a multiplayer shooter where people are interested in strategy and tactics. Bad luck on my part. Left4 dead doesn't count, that's just chaos all around you not military type stuff.

Well im afraid EA shot themselves in the foot with MoH, no tactics needed, no encouragement to play as a team, just run shoot or camp with sniper rifle.

My biggest problem with the bullet dynamics, people shooting you with a crappy tariq pistol from 300 yards, it happened to me someone got the drop on me when i had a sniper rifle and they had a pistol.

You seem always to respawn far away from where you died, and also why do you always respawn next to a load of others guys just getting mown down my a machine gun.

Someone has forgotten at EA that eye candy does not make a good game, so now we wait for CoD BO and hope this is better although i fear not

jasonwestmas
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Well im afraid EA shot themselves in the foot with MoH, no tactics needed, no encouragement to play as a team, just run shoot or camp with sniper rifle.

My biggest problem with the bullet dynamics, people shooting you with a crappy tariq pistol from 300 yards, it happened to me someone got the drop on me when i had a sniper rifle and they had a pistol.

You seem always to respawn far away from where you died, and also why do you always respawn next to a load of others guys just getting mown down my a machine gun.

Someone has forgotten at EA that eye candy does not make a good game, so now we wait for CoD BO and hope this is better although i fear not

Sorry to hear that. I guess I'm stuck with RTS games for anything remotely involving one's brain. Maybe when people stop going ga-ga for graphics they'll realize they are just playing the same old frag game.

OlaHaldor
10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear that, JohnMarchant.. Join me on any of the mentioned, preferably 40-1.. :)

JohnMarchant
10-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear that, JohnMarchant.. Join me on any of the mentioned, preferably 40-1.. :)

Its annoying because the potential is there for a good game, graphics are fine most of the time. I will try and join you at 40-1 but could not find it on the list, is it MoH your on.

Honestly this should have been an addon for BFBC2 as opposed to its own game, it has most of the shortcomings of it but no real advancements made.

As bad as CoD MW2 is at least its fun and quick in MP mode

lwaddict
10-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Thats the problem with allot of these games. Everyone complains about camping whilst they are running around the field bunny hopping everywhere stabbing people with a knife, yeah thats real.

So is CoD BO not coming to steam then. Im on steam but sometimes i have very mixed feeling about it.

MoH to be honest is starting to get to me

COD BO is looking really good actually.

New weapons, slightly better graphics, and the game modes really make it kick.

Past problems were the lack of teamplay or cohesion within groups. Some would be in Domination just for bodycount while a few were desperately attempting to actually win the round... and nobody could tell each other's goals apart.

Well... enter the new game modes. You wanna kick butt and get some mfg points? Really? Fine, pick up a contract and there's your goal but now everyone else knows that you're not up for winning the round as much. Think you're better than the rest? Well, get into the Wager rounds and bet your points against others that you're the best. Spend points modifying your character, weapons, and defensive items as you go.

Who cares about the main game portion... we all run through the levels in a couple days anyways and then it's on to online warfare right?

COD's looking really good.
Now to get a plan to keep the family off my XBox since that Kinectic thing is on it's way. Ugh.