PDA

View Full Version : Hub.exe is no longer working

donlimpio
10-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I had a weird stroke of bad luck last week: I left my Vista x64 on all night to render, and in the morning I had that black DOS-like startup screen and a message: "CPU temperature overload, press F1 to continue".

Weird! I thought the motherboard would have throttled back the CPU before it overheated.

After rebooting Windows performed some updates - that's always a crappy thing to happen; I wonder if the auto-updater caused the hiccup in the first place. But okay. Updates passed.

The strange thing is now when I start LW or Modeler, I get the message "Hub.exe is no longer working". I reinstalled my 9.6 over the old version but it still gives that message! The file "hub.exe" is the same file size as on my other PC which still works.

Double weird! A cpu overload shouldn't mess with the hard drive, right?

Anyone had this happen before? Is it maybe a windows DLL that doesn't play nice anymore for the hub???

Cheers,
thomas

p.s. On a completely unrelated note: I'm having loads of fun with Kray these days!

donlimpio
10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Lo and behold! I fixed it 10 seconds after posting the former! Strangely enough I needed to start modeler32bit (on my 64 bit machine) which asked for some Vista-firewall permission that I'd already given looong ago, and after that the 64bit version worked fine as well.

Still weird though!

Thomas

JamesCurtis
10-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I've had this happen a few times. It was when I had done an update of the LWCore/LW10 Beta program updates.