PDA

View Full Version : Intel SE7505VB2

sbrandt
09-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Intel SE7505VB2 ?
Any opinions regarding how it stacks up to the SuperMicro or IWill e7505 boards ?

jhellein
10-16-2003, 04:48 PM
I built a dual 2.66 Gig system with a 7505 mobo in August and had a VT dealer install a VT2 (now VT3) card in the box. I have had no problems over the past couple of months though I am sure that I am not exploiting all the potential of the VT3 in this box. The editing I do is basic so far and I haven't yet looked at the Aura/LW. I use it mostly for live switching with two Y/C inputs and audio from a mixer. Today we did a shoot and I had four DDRs open: one for CG, two to cue video sources and the last one to record "Program Out" to disk in addition to component out to a deck. Worked wonderfully without a glitch. So, switching -- mostly cuts -- between four sources (two int, two ext plus the audio), CG and recording to disk. Also had three toaster visions, a proc amp, the audio mixer and of course the switcher mods open.

Should be noted that in addition to the intel board and chips I am using 2GB PC2100 w/ECC (I think the ECC is a requirement for this board -- maybe not) and one array of four 33.6 Cheetah U320s on a adaptec U320 64-bit PCI card.

If you go with this board be careful to get chips that take advantage of the 533FSB (like the 2.66 chip or better). For instance, I was going to purchase 2.60 chips and someone pointed out that they have only a 400FSB which doesn't take advantage of the board's capabilities.

I have had the box spontaneously reboot on me a couple of times though -- fortunately so far -- not during a shoot. I think this may have more to do with an underpowered UPS, I am not sure.

sbrandt
10-16-2003, 05:40 PM
That was a very nice overview of your experience with the Intel board. ...just what I was looking for! Thanks !!!

PIZAZZ
10-16-2003, 07:02 PM
I have had experiences of the spontaneous rebooting sort.

It indeed was the power supply. Buy the biggest you can afford and then find a bigger one if possible.

jhellein
10-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback on UPS. I will make a recommendation to the people with the $$.

hasansheikh
03-09-2004, 03:17 PM
I m using Following System with unstable behavior on
DV Switchin & Capturing to DV format. Please mention
your STABLE systems specs.
This system below works but is not ROCK SOLID STABLE.
It hangs randomly
Our System Specs:
Dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHz/533MHz/512KB L2
Intel SE7505VB2 Workstation Board
2.0GB(4x512MB DDR266 ECC Registered)
18GB 15K RPM U320 SCSI
LSI-Logic U320 Scsi Controller on PCI-X Slot
2x120GB 7200RPM SerialATA Media Drives as RAID 0
Pinnacle IEEE1394 three port firewire card for DV inputs
3xFireWire Cameras PD170P Sony connected to it for switching
& 2 Analog MICs connected to SX-8.

If U R also having STABILITY ISSUES on this board?
If U R having also AudioVideo SYNC OUT issue
when using Video from DV & Audio from Analog sources?

Looking forward to SYSTEMS specs of others
& their FEED BACK about stability & mixing of DV & analog
for switching & capturing to DV format simulaneously

JesusLovesU
03-21-2004, 10:49 PM
You must get a stripe of SCSI HDDs (>3), and convert them into dynamic disk with Windows XP Disk Management Extension.

It is better to record multiple DV-cameras via analog (composite) than FireWire.

I don't think that you could so-called "sync" the video from digital source with the analog audio. This is not a wise workflow for video editing purpose. You must tweak and fine-tune them in the timeline. No shorter route......

hasansheikh
03-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Please can U confirm
1) Exact Detailed Specifications of your system
2) If your motherboard is Intel SE7505VB2?
3) How is your OVERALL experience with it?
4) How is Stability & Performance?
5) What is your SYSTEM DRIVE?IDE or SATA or SCSI? & on which channel or connector?
6) What is your VideoDrive?SCSIxhow many on which SCSI connector?
7) have U tried any FireWire CARD on this BOARD? if yes which one?how many connectors of FireWire R U using to SWITCH simulaneously from DV cameras?

Thanks for your TIME to answer

[email protected]