PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again Alien Prequel and female head role!

prometheus
10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
So who would you like to see in a leading role for the new Alien prequel?

Might be hard to say thou, since I guess we have no Idea on how that characters persona will be.

Rumors say that Noomi Rapace ,Yay swede girl!..is on the list of thought of actresses, and also natalie portman.
I wouldn´t mind seing any of those girls.

If it would have been a couple of years ago I would have loved to see jody foster, not sure now thou.

Another woman I would like to see in there would be Samantha Morton, who did such a good act of beeing filled with terror as the precog in the Minority report.

Michael

cresshead
10-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Alien, when written the lead role was for a male not a female.

also note that Ripley was played by an unknown actress at the time..so i'd like that replicated here.
one of the things i like about alien was that the cast didn't have a STAND OUT lead at the outset of the film...ripley the character evolved into a leader/main focus as the crew were killed.

a more recent film that had similar evolution of character was CARGO

prometheus
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Alien, when written the lead role was for a male not a female.

also note that Ripley was played by an unknown actress at the time..so i'd like that replicated here.
one of the things i like about alien was that the cast didn't have a STAND OUT lead at the outset of the film...ripley the character evolved into a leader/main focus as the crew were killed.

a more recent film that had similar evolution of character was CARGO

yeah I knew all that...perhaps a transsexual this time:)

Michael

Cageman
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
cresshead:

That is a very good point!!! When watching Alien, any of those characters could have survived and become the lead actor, so to speak. It just "happened" to be Ripley.

In the sequel, all of the marines were interresting characters and could have survived, but in that case it happened to be Hicks. However, we all knew that Ripley as an established character in this universe, was a lead, so to speak.

:)

Elmar Moelzer
10-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Why? Why? Why cant they leave the franchise allone?
It is dead by now. For me it was already beaten to death with the 3rd part (which I severely disliked) and it got only worse afterwards.
Now they are making a prequel. I know one person who is not even going to bother reading the reviews. I am sick of sequels, prequels and remakes. Hollywood, get some new ideas!

Trevor
10-17-2010, 01:18 PM
It is dead by now. For me it was already beaten to death with the 3rd part (which I severely disliked) and it got only worse afterwards.
Now they are making a prequel. I know one person who is not even going to bother reading the reviews. I am sick of sequels, prequels and remakes. Hollywood, get some new ideas!

I pretty much agree with all you have said here. However this time around with the alien prequel, the fact that the franchise has come full circle with Ridley Scott at the helm, should be very interesting indeed.

Cageman
10-17-2010, 01:43 PM

Actually, I love all of the Alien movies! They all tap into different things and are well executed. :)

Anyho...

I've always wanted to know more about the pilot they find in the crashed spacecraft in the first movie, and what I've heard, the Prequel will have something to do with it.

cresshead
10-17-2010, 01:44 PM
it could be poop or cool...
ALL depends on the script/director let' hope it's not alien 3,4 or predators...

alien 3 had 'some' good moments
alien 4 had a few too but the final monster alien was stupid
predators was L.A.M.E

Cageman
10-17-2010, 01:45 PM
it could be poop or cool...
ALL depends on the script/director let' hope it's not alien 3,4 or predators...

I have to say that Predators was pretty cool. Popcorn for sure, but... hey... Popcorn is good!

Skonk
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I love the first 2 movies but I really wish the third had never been made.

IMO the third is one of these horrible cases where a sequel almost ruins the previous film(s); same with the matrix films too.

After Aliens, when we didn't know what happened next, we can use our imagination and believe they either got home safely or what ever.

But then the third film takes that away and kills off the characters that most of the previous film was about saving and now watching Aliens has a bit of a bad taste because I know that all Ripleys efforts are for nothing since they all die in the third film anyway.

As for the fourth film; at least it put a new spin on it and I actually quite enjoy it if for nothing else than seeing Ripley kicking some arse.

Although, that was only up to the point when the main Alien appears and looks so silly that I usually turn the film off that point.

danielkaiser
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM
yeah I knew all that...perhaps a transsexual this time:)

Michael

Eddie Izzard

crashnburn
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Agreed, Alien 3 was crap, Resurrection was okay except for the final Alien for me too. Injecting the human elements took away the lack of feeling and purity from the Xenomorph. The doc in Alien admired it's purity lol. As pure aliens they were harder to understand because they survived on instinct rather than emotion. The human/alien hybrid introduced emotion and individualism and lost it's hive way of thinking. Killing the queen was part of it to me.

crashnburn
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Did anyone read the Aliens comics etc, Earth War would make a good film.

Cageman
10-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Agreed, Alien 3 was crap, Resurrection was okay except for the final Alien for me too. Injecting the human elements took away the lack of feeling and purity from the Xenomorph. The doc in Alien admired it's purity lol. As pure aliens they were harder to understand because they survived on instinct rather than emotion. The human/alien hybrid introduced emotion and individualism and lost it's hive way of thinking. Killing the queen was part of it to me.

While the human/alien hybrid was unexpected when I first saw the movie, it's still is one of the scariest aliens (which makes it quite a positive for me). The independency and "free will" if one can think of it that way, makes it scary. All the other aliens behave pretty much the same way, while this hybrid is very unpredictable. Just the fact that it had eyes and that you could clearly see if he/she was looking at you made chills go down my spine.

While the design could have been better (which is something I've seen many complain about), I havn't seen any of the complaining people actually draw a good alternative to it. After all, it is a creature that is born from an Alien queen, but instead of comming out of an egg as a facehugger, it is born from a womb with, as you said, some human characteristics. Some complaints sounded like they actually have seen such a creature in real life. :D

Anyho...

I was going to bore this post with some thoughts about production costs, and, at the time, limited number of studios avaliable to pull a CG-version off without costing a fortune, but I'll spare you on that one.

Movies of this kind is always a compromise... I hope Ridley Scott will make a good prequel though.

crashnburn
10-17-2010, 03:05 PM
People have seen them, on the screen, and I would assume that's where they draw their conclusions from. I'd hope anyway lol. If they really do exist I wanna know!

Cageman
10-17-2010, 03:46 PM
People have seen them, on the screen, and I would assume that's where they draw their conclusions from. I'd hope anyway lol. If they really do exist I wanna know!

Well... you know.. If I show you a picture of a Rabbit, and you say that it is a Fox, I know that you are wrong and I'd argue about it.

Those peole I refer to sounded just like that... they expected a Rabbit but saw a Fox, and had all kinds of explanations to why it should have been a Rabbit... as if they actually had seen that kind of Rabbit in real life...

crashnburn
10-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Maybe in an parallel univers a rabbit does look like a fox lol :)

prometheus
10-18-2010, 01:35 AM
well here´s an old asset scenefile of the space jockey..I couldn´t spin around it in layout on my old quadro 1100 machine with 2 gig of ram before, now with my 12 gb ram and geforce gtx 480 it works to spin around that sucker without any lag.

http://www.scifi3d.com/details.asp?intGenreID=19&intCatID=44&key=623

Every film has introduced the element of new alien versions, It´s gonna be interesting to see if they can cook up something with horrible new monster this time around and yet believable.

As a prequel it´s gonna be a very very hard task to get that nerv and excitment thrill back in again.

I think I would rather have seen a follower that takes us to the origin of these aliens, with introductions of scary homeworld with yet another alien type never seen before.

The actors and their acts gonna be crucial.

Edit..were´s the 3d model of Ripley in t-shirt and underwears as in the first movie?, I would like to spin around that model too:)

Michael

-EsHrA-
10-18-2010, 02:56 AM
ehm, predators is horrible!!
please check again..

mlon

cresshead
10-18-2010, 05:33 AM
double posty...please ignore ...me being dumbo!

cresshead
10-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Edit..were´s the 3d model of Ripley in t-shirt and underwears as in the first movie?, I would like to spin around that model too:)

Michael
:D:agree:

best use of sub patches ever!

safetyman
10-18-2010, 05:59 AM
The problem with the 4th film's alien was his little pointy nose, sniffing everything (and his man-boobs, or was it supposed to be female?). Anyway, whenever Hollywood finds something successful, they bleed it dry, to the point where no one cares anymore. They are re-doing Spiderman for goodness sakes, one of the most successful movies of all time! Why is that? Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Batman, Friday the 13th, etc. I hear they are even going to re-do the Fantastic Four! Sheesh -- enough already. Although, I'm glad they re-booted Batman, it was moving towards looking like the old TV show.

The first Aliens vs Predator was ok, but the second one was nothing more than a slasher film with actors in rubber suits. It was like they took the script from a random body count movie and replaced the villian with some aliens, "ooh, and we also have a predator in the mix, so we're original".

gerry_g
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Cameron killed the whole thing stone dead as a concept with his anodyne garbage about GI grunts toughing it out with the aliens, all subsequent sequels followed his formula. If you look at the original their just a bunch of blue collars, there is no militaristic aspect and if Scott goes with the intent of the original all should bode well, and as for Noomi Rapace, she was only in the original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and as americans can't read subtitles they'll never have seen her before ;-)

Iain
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Aliens was pretty good but thats about as far as the praise can go. It only really appeals to those too young to have been amazed by the original.

After that, the series just became another poor sci-fi franchise and lets face it, apart from a few stand outs, sci-fi is generally very badly done.

I suppose its understandable that when a movie costs $100 million minimum, risks really are risks but cinema is horribly stagnant just now. Rehash after reboot, sequel after prequel. Meh.

Oh and btw, Eddie Izzard is a cross dresser, not a transsexual!

JeffrySG
10-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm curious to see what Scott will do with the movie. And I can hope it will be good.

I'd actually really like to see another Riddick movie, though.

danielkaiser
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM
and as for Noomi Rapace, she was only in the original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and as americans can't read subtitles they'll never have seen her before ;-)

I actually prefer subs over dubs, as for her obscurity that would make her a good choice.

Oh and btw, Eddie Izzard is a cross dresser, not a transsexual!

I should learn how to read, at least stop just skimming the posts.

WCameron
10-18-2010, 07:41 PM
In an interview somewhere (slash film might have the link?) Ridley Scott talks about one of the things he'd like to explore is the Space Jockey - the giant elephant alien sitting at the big gun or console thingy in the ship where they first find the xenomorph eggs....

- Will.

BigHache
10-18-2010, 10:49 PM
I'd actually really like to see another Riddick movie, though.

:thumbsup: Yeah for some sick reason I just enjoy Riddick.

meshpig
10-19-2010, 12:59 AM
It is dead by now.!

Dead especially because resurrected!

erikals
10-19-2010, 11:40 AM
i'm VERY curious to how Scott will pull this off...

he is a good director,
so this is something i look forward to, to see how he succeeds, or how he fails... :]
either way, it's probably worth it, Scott never had a challenge like this before, it is a difficult one  :]

 

cresshead
10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
i'm VERY curious to how Scott will pull this off...

he is a good director,
so this is something i look forward to, to see how he succeeds, or how he fails... :]
either way, it's probably worth it, Scott never had a challenge like this before, it is a difficult one  :]

if he pulls this off then maybe the studio's will want him to make a new blade runner film too?

erikals
10-19-2010, 01:09 PM
could be,
but afaik he is not a fan of sequels or prequels unless the original plot has potential for it...

it might be a hard thing to pull off...

crashnburn
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
I've just recently watched Robin Hood, I think he's slipped a little. But hopefully he'll do a good job. But of course if the producers and money men put pressure on him maybe we'll get the Alien equivalent to Predators, a washed down dull movie with zero character development to the point at which I wanted the Predators to kill all the humans lol.

cresshead
10-19-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.lv-426.co.uk/

crashnburn
10-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the post cresshead. This has just gone on my crimbo wish list lol.

SBowie
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
That's an interesting case for new talent. I can predict 'whodunnit' on the tv cop shows about 98% of the time based on casting. Conversely, you can pretty much be certain you're not going to see Ben Kingsley wearing a red shirt on an away team in the next Star Trek flick. Type casting kind of ruins it ...

crashnburn
10-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Very true. But Hollywood thinks that the ony way to get bums on seats is through casting top names. Making a good film seems to allude them lately.

erikals
10-19-2010, 02:11 PM
there's nothing better than to see a new actor imo, as you always relate famous actors to previous roles, often this means that you know who the "hero" or the bad guy is,... kinda boring. and even if you don't, it still gives that eerie feeling...

crashnburn
10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah, when the same limited number of actors are moving around amongst a limited number of films it's going to fall apart. New talent is always good.

I was discussing this with a friend today and we both felt that there some very good out there films in the mid 90's that we just aren't getting now. It's all becoming very average, no one takes any risks.

cresshead
10-19-2010, 02:45 PM
there's nothing better than to see a new actor imo, as you always relate famous actors to previous roles, often this means that you know who the "hero" or the bad guy is,... kinda boring. and even if you don't, it still gives that eerie feeling...

yeh that's why CARGO worked so well for me.:thumbsup:

crashnburn
10-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Not seen that yet. I take it it's worth a watch?

erikals
10-20-2010, 07:35 PM
i'm tempted... :]

crashnburn
10-20-2010, 08:26 PM
just ordered from play.com....a snip at £3.99

jwiede
10-20-2010, 08:27 PM
If they really do exist I wanna know!
When all the other critters around you are silent, that's typically a warning that something really nasty is prowling nearby.

crashnburn
10-20-2010, 08:30 PM
:eek:

Ċgrén
10-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Michael

Not Natalie Portman please.

cresshead
10-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Not seen that yet. I take it it's worth a watch?

i thought it was good film:thumbsup: [CARGO]

erikals
10-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Not Natalie Portman please.

(agree)

cresshead
10-21-2010, 08:37 PM

Michael

the Alien..:D

erikals
10-21-2010, 09:02 PM
haha !!! :D

prometheus
10-23-2010, 09:52 AM
probably not a head role, but a side role could be Hr: giger himself as a crazy
alien lover scientist or something like that.

"It´s a magnificent species"

Michael