PDA

View Full Version : Why no LW update on Apple.com??

Tronam
09-22-2003, 04:14 PM
I saw this mentioned in another thread nearly 7 months ago and it looks like this page still hasn't been updated. While LightWave 3D is listed in the "Featured Applications" column, it's still pointing to a page on version 6.5. Surely it couldn't be that difficult to update this appropriately... :confused:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications/

-Tronam

Earl
09-22-2003, 05:09 PM
I love how the link on Apple's page goes to: www.lightwave6.com - which is really a shady-looking webstore. Can't it even link to the correct LightWave 3D website?

Beamtracer
09-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Hi Tronam,

the page of recommended applications on Apple's website has been mentioned a few times in the Mac Lightwave forum.

In one discussion some months ago, Newtek said that they had brought it to Apple's attention, so it was now up to Apple to update its website and remove the reference to Lightwave 6.

With Lightwave 8 due for imminent release it might be better for Newtek to wait a few weeks before reminding Apple about this page.

Lightwave 6 is not the only outdated listing. There are other applications that don't exist anymore on the list.

Tronam
09-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. With LightWave 8 shipping dual platform, I'm sure it'll at least get some limelight on Apple's website when it is released.

Regards,

-Tronam

luka
09-22-2003, 08:42 PM
I have just sent a feedback post to Apple telling them to update their link. Hopefully they will action it:)