PDA

View Full Version : Many problems on my Mac

sebrady
10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I just got 9.6 a week ago and I keep finding things that dont work.

CCTV I cannot get to work. And not I cant get FIberFX to work or render. Sometimes the fibers go away in the UI window, sometimes the fibers render sometimes they do NOT.

Man this is frustrating. Proton makes it look so easy.

Darth Mole
10-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Proton uses a PC.

Kuzey
10-16-2010, 04:47 AM
LW9.6 Mac version was released with many bugs, it's just something we have to live with until 9.6.1 is out the the door.

Join the beta group and try the 9.6.1 beta.....Fiber FX has got a lot of attention....if it doesn't work in 9.6 it might in 9.6.1.

Kuzey

gerry_g
10-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Re FFX, better to go straight for Core membership and LightWave 10 upgrade and use current beta download, as U may find to your dismay that anything you set up in 9.6.1 may render incorrectly in 10 due to extent of the plugins overhaul, at least on the Mac.

Danner
10-16-2010, 06:52 AM
FFX is broken, stay away from it, on pcs and macs, only hours of frustration ahead.

bassmanjam
10-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Re FFX, better to go straight for Core membership and LightWave 10 upgrade and use current beta download, as U may find to your dismay that anything you set up in 9.6.1 may render incorrectly in 10 due to extent of the plugins overhaul, at least on the Mac.

Good to know. Thanks.

Cageman
10-17-2010, 12:44 PM
FFX is broken, stay away from it, on pcs and macs, only hours of frustration ahead.

I hope you have sent in bugreports with testcontent?

JR_LW
10-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Ok; Let's start with yes it does work. FiberFX* is painful but, this is how it works.

First make sure your poly/model is correct. It does not work if your subpatch has errors or extra points that are not connected.
Took me a month to figure out why my render would crash. Just before rendering turn off the (draw) on your ffX this helps a lot.

Next keep the poly count low and in Layout (Render SubPatch Level 3 and Display SubPatch Level 2 or 3.)
Also note Subdivision Order : Last. This may help.

The display of FFX is slow…. "only hours of frustration ahead."

Good Luck