PDA

View Full Version : LiveText Streaming Hub Problem

smccl
10-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Everyone, If there is an answer to this please redirect me where to go. So here's the issue, I have A Tricaster Broadcast and we recently bought Livetext2 and we networked the Livetext computer and Tricaster everything worked great. But when I try to stream out I can't I can't get any Internet signal at all (From Either Computer) when I have the 2 connected into the Hub. I tried a few different things switching the Flow control and so forth but still nothing. The Jack I'm plugged into is a 10MbFullDuplex for the Ethernet in the wall. I'm thinking that there maybe a problem with the kind of Hub I'm using. Because I can network the Tricaster and the Graphics computer but the error message on the local area network is (Limited or no connectivity). I'm using A (TRENDNetTE100S5) I've been reading about 1Gig Hubs and the 1 I have is a 100MB Ethernet switch. So it boils down to: Do I need to switch the Hub and if so do you guys have any recommendations on the kind of hub? Or is there something here that I'm missing...

Any Comments and Help Are Extremly Appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Sean

joseburgos
10-14-2010, 07:53 PM
If its a switch, that may be your problem. If no server is being used, you need a router HUB that will direct the internet traffic and auto assign IP's to your computers.
Get a 1 Gigabit Router HUB and you should be fine. That's the short story anyway as the long story is, well long (DHCP's and other factors as to how it maps out all the routes to each computer). Switches by them selves are to be used with a sever. You can use a switch on a Router HUB since the router HUB is giving out the IP's but not by it self.

Take care,

Take care,

pconradt
10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Plug your LiveText2 computer into the jack and see if you are given an IP address and can get online. If not, there is no DHCP server running. You will need to assign your computer an IP, Gateway, Subnet & DNS addresses. You would need to do the same with the Tricaster.

Find out who is running the IT/Network at the location and they will be able to give you more info about the use/lack of a DHCP server on the network.

It's also a little strange to only have 10mb ethernet at the jack. Most networks are all 100mb given that most switches run 10/100. This is a sign that something funky is going on with the network setup.

smccl
10-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Hey guys, Thanks for the advice! Thing's are starting to become a little clearer now. I'm going to run some tests and I'll let you know the results. Again, thank you again for the quick and informative reply's!

-Sean

smccl
11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey everyone, to clarify the problem was resolved by getting a 1 gigabit hub I ran the checks you guys asked and talked to the network people. The building we were getting the internet from was set up with cat-3 cable. So they recommended just to get a 1 gigabit router also and it's worked great! Thanks again for the quick and informative feedback.

-Sean

pconradt
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
CAT-3 cable. I knew I smelled something funky :)

Must be an older building.