PDA

View Full Version : Turn curve in Modeler to motion path in Layout???

PixelPilot
09-22-2003, 03:12 PM
This is making me a little nutso

Is there NOT a way to turn a curve you've made in Modeler to a motion path in Layout?

I've got this really great descending on-ramp object and I need my car object to trace it's curve and angle of descent and I don't wnat to make a hundred separate keyframes.

:eek: HALP!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

geoff3dnz
09-22-2003, 04:44 PM
In the construct tab, under the 'additional' popup menu, there's an option 'pathtomotion'. Save the motion out, and then load it back into your object in Layout. You should add '.mot' to the end of the file name, as it doesn't do it for you, and will make it easier to find.
:)

PixelPilot
09-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the post!!!

I should have mentioned I'm using LW 6.5 and have my menu configured to look like 6.0 (so it's easier to follow the 6.0 manuals that came with version 6.5 :mad: ).

The 'Additional' submenu comes up under the 'Objects' tab in Modeler the way I've got it set up and the list of commands under it is lengthy, but I scanned through it 3 times now, line-by-line, and cannot find 'pathtomotion.'

I'm gonna check one more time after this post, but if I sent you the curve, would you be able to send me back the .mot? Would LW6.5 recognize it? Are you using 7.5? I'm running mine on a PC, Win2k -- you?

I really appreciate the info! It's one of those arcane questions that probably less than a thousand people in the whole world know the answer to.

BeeVee
09-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Try using Flay. There are loads of plug-ins on there if you use "path and motion" in the Plug-ins search field.

B