PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Minimum Specification for a PC to work with LW7

ruejos
09-22-2003, 11:13 AM
What is the ideal specification for lightwave to work on a pc without crashes or hang-ups? my main purpose in learning lightwave is for architectural usage and i just just a little of character animation.

I am using PIII 600mhz, Nvidia riva TNT 2 Pro (32mb) and 256mb RAM.

And an anyone send or post tutorials that are easy to do, just to enhance my skills (preferable buildings, if possible).

Neuroup
09-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Good gfx card. If you have a lot of money buy Elsa Fire Gl with drivers for Lightwave. If you don't have a lot mony buy geforce 3 Ti200/500. But don't buy Mx version. Oki i think RAm is very improtant thing. 512 is minimum. About CPU the best solution is Pentium becouse is working faster than AMD and he have is the best for Lightwave. There was something like Intel Tour with Lightwave :-) How mutch mhz ? I think 2 ghz it will be OK. About 2 years a go i had P!!233 mhz and i bought 1,4 ghz. I was thinking that this is the fastest computer on the world :-) I started making new stils with lot of details with radiocity and my renders start to have about 6-9 hrs. Good luck with Lightwave.

Ps. Sorry for ma bad english.

ruejos
09-22-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Neuroup
Good gfx card. If you have a lot of money buy Elsa Fire Gl with drivers for Lightwave. If you don't have a lot mony buy geforce 3 Ti200/500. But don't buy Mx version. Oki i think RAm is very improtant thing. 512 is minimum. About CPU the best solution is Pentium becouse is working faster than AMD and he have is the best for Lightwave. There was something like Intel Tour with Lightwave :-) How mutch mhz ? I think 2 ghz it will be OK. About 2 years a go i had P!!233 mhz and i bought 1,4 ghz. I was thinking that this is the fastest computer on the world :-) I started making new stils with lot of details with radiocity and my renders start to have about 6-9 hrs. Good luck with Lightwave.

Ps. Sorry for ma bad english.

Thanks for the tips/info! i'll keep it in mind when i upgrade! maybe not now coz' those specifications were much expensive here in the philippines........

About your english? it's great you're giving me information very clearly! :p

tasmanian
09-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Actually the setup you have is not that bad. I'm sure it won't be as fast as a 2.x P4 but it's quite usable. You have the right sort of videocard, if you're looking for a minor upgrade I would say go for some extra ram.
:)

Neuroup
09-23-2003, 02:43 AM
I want just to say that i was thinking that on philippines every thing is chip becouse in your region everything is making :-)

Neuroup
09-23-2003, 02:49 AM
yes ram is the most important think for Lightwave. But Lightwave have very good management of memory and swapfile. I remember when one time i was making comercial and in to the scene i had to put lot of trees and after a long time i had info "No memory for points" :-)

ruejos
09-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Neuroup
I want just to say that i was thinking that on philippines every thing is chip becouse in your region everything is making :-)

The prices of computer periperals / accessories here in the philippines could only come cheap if it is surplus or recondition.....but buying a new one it is really expensive specially fom those exclusive distributors!