PDA

View Full Version : Two different backgrounds for chromakey

sobx
10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi guys

We have Tricaster Broadcast. I am wondering is it possible to have 2 two different backgrounds for 2 cameras when using the chromakey Live mate option ? Now we are putting the video background in DDR2 and then using it like FX. But this is like to have only one input for the background. Is there some solution for this, maybe the background can be imported from some outer place or to be in some outer format ?

What we want is to have on camera 1 one thing and on camera 2 some outer thing (video, photo, graphics etc.)

Thank you in advance

jcupp
10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
You need to create a custom Live Set. Look for LiveSet Constructor in the 'My Downloads' section of the registration site (http://reg.newtek.com)

TakeOneDigital
10-20-2010, 12:45 AM
I think this is totally do-able... First, make sure that your backgrounds that you want to set are in different DDR's. Then, go to the live matte area of your Tricaster. Set up a live matte for each camera differently (one with DDR1, other with DDR2)... then, these are "linked" to the camera input as each is switched. Does this work for you?

jcupp
10-20-2010, 06:20 PM
It doesn't work that way. When using Live Matte the background image is the source is selected on the Effects bus. This doesn't change when you switch from one input to another on the main bus.

I think this is totally do-able... First, make sure that your backgrounds that you want to set are in different DDR's. Then, go to the live matte area of your Tricaster. Set up a live matte for each camera differently (one with DDR1, other with DDR2)... then, these are "linked" to the camera input as each is switched. Does this work for you?

tomyhomy
06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi sobx,
Have you found a way two have 2 differnt backgrounds chroma key for 2 cameras?
I am also looking for a solution for this.

jcupp
06-24-2011, 05:34 PM
See my earlier reply:

You need to create a custom Live Set. Look for LiveSet Constructor in the 'My Downloads' section of the registration site (http://reg.newtek.com)

GaryG
07-01-2011, 09:39 AM
You're not going to be able to do it on a Broadcast, as LiveMatte will take the FX row as the background source.

On the XDs, it would be easy. Set it up in Virtual Inputs. A over B, with LiveMatte enabled on the cameras, and B set to DDR1 for V1 and DDR2 for V2.

joseburgos
07-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Jeff and Gary are right in that you need a custom LiveSet but you also have an issue with the SD TriCaster line only using the FX bus as its other video feed. So just making a LiveSet will not allow you to choose which video input goes to the FX as it only allows FX as a choice.
Now that all said, I have a LiveSet that solves this problem but requires the use of the Preview bus to feed the 2nd background on the 2nd LiveSet.

Take care,

joseburgos
07-01-2011, 11:28 AM
If you want to kick its wheels, download it from here;
http://www.burgosfx.com/livesets/dualbg.zip
You would need to disable Follow Preview function and then select one input for the FX and another for the Preview.

Take care,

GaryG
07-01-2011, 12:43 PM
For my own edification:

When you build livesets, can you pull discreet video SOURCES (DDR1, DDR2, Input1, etc), or can you only target BUSES? (Live, Preview, FX/Aux)?

joseburgos
07-01-2011, 12:52 PM
In SD or XD TC, the LiveSet is fixed to Input and FX for SD and A an B for XD. The difference is XD has virtual inputs where you can select the A and B. The SD Line does not have this and you are left with what is Input/Live and FX.