PDA

View Full Version : Two basic questions

ChristianMan
10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I am brand new to the NewTek family. I'm not new to TV/Video production. I have been a Final Cut Pro editor for years and was curious what are the windows/Tricaster pros using to author DVDs. Second question was I am considering purchasing two AJA Ki Pros one to record preview ISO and the other program out. Then take the pro res files into FC to fix any camera bobbles since our upcoming shoot is "live to tape."

As comments or counsel would be greatly appreciated.

A third question: Do anyone know how to make iVGA work well with KeyNote? The refresh/latency is a joke. I have already selected KeyNote in iVGA, not using "private." I tried peer to peer and also running through a Gigabit router/switch and it still looks totally lame not acceptable for broadcast especially when text dissolves on and elements fly on. Very disappointing I must confess.

We currently have TCXD300 with an 850 on order.

Thanks again!

PIZAZZ
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
the kiPro works great for backup recordings with my clients. Great little box.

Can't help you with your Keynote observation except for this, Since IVGA works exceptionally well with Windows and PowerPoint animations, I would suspect either your mac is graphically underpowered or it is a problem with Keynote and animations. You might look into simply using a hardware convertor to take the 1080i DVI out of the Mac and convert it to HD-SDI to feed the TriCaster. BlackMagic and Aja make some cost effective boxes that do just that. $395-495 is a fraction of the cost of a traditional scanconvertor or Folsom.

digiview
10-12-2010, 07:35 AM
I also use Macpro & FCP I would suggest that you take a look at the Nanoflash made by Covergent Designs. I use them with my Tricaster as preview ISO playback and to parallel record the SDI program out. The files import directly into FCP without transcoding for quick editing. The new firmware announced last week will now include Hot Swapping media which is great for long duration special event.

ChristianMan
10-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I currently have a TCXD300. I need to ISO the preview as an HD SDI out? How can I do this? Can I ISO a camera output as HD SDI as well?

Alos, I can not get the Tricaster to see my external HD connected via the FW400 connection. I just test recorded the HD SDI program out to the AJA Ki Pro and wanted to take into SpeedEdit but the system will not mount the HD??

Thanks,
Christian

pconradt
10-15-2010, 12:45 PM
On the hard drive issue, what format is the drive in? FAT, NTFS or MAC format? Windows will only be able to nativly read FAT & NTFS. If the drive is Mac formatted, a Windows machine (the Tricaster) will only be able to read it if there is a 3rd party software installed, like MacDrive (http://www.mediafour.com/macdrive) or something similar.

Note, that I take no responsibility for installing 3rd party software on your Tricaster.

I've used the MacDrive software several times & it works great.