PDA

View Full Version : Liberty3D UberCam 1.0 Now Shipping!

djlithium
10-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey oh!

Ok, seems like a great day for news!

Liberty3D UberCam for LightWave3D 9.6 11 Awesome Cameras for LightWave3D that you can use in production right away.

You get the following in this single, easy to use plug-in:

Liberty3D Stereoscopic Camera
Liberty3D Dual-Cam Camera
Liberty3d 4-Up Camera
Liberty3D 12-Up Camera
Liberty3D Perspective Camera
Liberty3D Perspective Camera (No DoF)
Liberty3D Perspective Camera (No DoF) (No Motion Blur)
Liberty3D Panoramic Camera
Liberty3D Cylinder Camera
Liberty3D Skybox Camera
Liberty3D FishEye Camera

MacOS 32bit, Win64bit and Win32bit versions are shipped in this plug-in. See a demo here of the Stereoscopic Camera while it was still in beta here.

http://www.liberty3d.com/demovids/Lib3DStereoCamTeaser_R01.mov

It's priced at $39.95USD for the time being but may be going up to $59.95USD at the end of the month (there is a really good reason for this).

Those of you who bought the Liberty3D StereoCamera during the early bird special for $25.00 will get the Ubercam upgrade for free. IF you missed out, sorry. But will will have some more specials soon.

You can immediately purchase the UberCam package here.
http://liberty3d.com/store/liberty3d-tools/

nickdigital
10-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Is there documentation/explanation of what the other cameras do?

I just watched the video about the stereo camera and it looks very cool.

JamesCurtis
10-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Only reason I didn't order the Stereoscopic Cam beta deal was because I got the impression that you needed FPrime to really benefit from the plugin [which I don't own or can afford], as the demo shots and vids all showed FPrime as a viewer, and I still don't know if not having FPrime will allow me to see the 3D effect in renders through native viewers of LW.

Also I only knew about this a week or so ago and now I need to pay an extra $15! $39.95 is not a lot of money, but it seemed the introductory pricing wasn't available very long.

BTW, it would be nice if the UberCam Pack could be discounted for those that have purchased QuadPanels. I know it's not your plugin, but it is from Liberty3D and should count for something!!

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy the plugin at some point [I like the ideas], but I need the above FPrime concern answered first.

Thanks

Jim Curtis
JMC Graphics

djlithium
10-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi guys.
I was just actually cutting and pasting the readme into our forums when I saw this come up.

Here is the readme.txt file that ships with the plug-in.

You don't need Fprime as a viewer, but its certainly handy. To view the image in stereoscopic you will need to combine it using the tool of your own choosing such as fusion, PS, AE or something similar. We create horizontal images which can be combined using the horizontal stack function in Fusion in its stereoscopic tool set. There are free viewers out there that do similar functions. Right now we are best deciding how to present the rendered image in LightWave to you and that will be an update when we do make it available.

LIBERTY3D.COM PRESENTS - UBERCAM Version 1.0 For LightWave3D 9.6

Release Date: Oct. 9th, 2010
Thank you for purchasing UberCam!
(Win32Bit, Win64Bit, MacUB32Bit)

Copyright (C) 2010 Liberty3d.com (Declaration Pictures Inc.) and Kiko E. Sato
Engineering: Kiko E. Sato
Design and Concept: Kelly Lee Myers and Kiko E. Sato

Website for further information and license details: http://www.liberty3d.com
Contact email: [email protected]

--------------------|
Installing UberCam
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

To install Ubercam, simply place the appropriate version of the plug-in into a
folder named "Liberty3D" or something similar in your LightWave3D plug-ins
folder.
Then, run layout and add the plug-in from this directory location.

-------------------|
Key Activation
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

When you purchased UberCam from www.liberty3d.com you should have been emailed
back a Key number after you entered your dongleID into the store section field
on check out.

If you didn't do this you need to contact us and provide your dongleID
(aka hardware lock) number to us as well as your receipt. You will then be
emailed a key.

This key is then entered into a dialog box that pops up when you first try to
access the property panel for UberCam inside of the camera properties panel.

Simply paste the number or enter it in manually and hit ok. You will get a message
stating the key is accepted or not. The box, depending on which OS type of
LightWave you are running will either go away on its own or not. If it doesn't,
just close it by using the X button.

You should now be able to access the properties of the camera.

If you have any problems with your key, please contact us immediately via email.
Email: [email protected]

-------------------|

Build History
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Liberty3D UberCam 1.0 Package

1. Package now includes the following cameras. There are now 11 Cameras in total
in this package.

Liberty3D Stereoscopic Camera
Liberty3D Dual-Cam Camera
Liberty3d 4-Up Camera
Liberty3D 12-Up Camera
Liberty3D Perspective Camera
Liberty3D Perspective Camera (No DoF)
Liberty3D Perspective Camera (No DoF) (No Motion Blur)
Liberty3D Panoramic Camera
Liberty3D Cylinder Camera
Liberty3D Skybox Camera
Liberty3D FishEye Camera

2. New Key System introduced. All users of the Liberty3D StereoCamera will be issued
new keys and sent the UberCam Plug-in to replace it. The Liberty3D StereoCamera
stand alone version is now phased out and effectively made obsolete by the
UberCam StereoCamera version. We do not recommend running your configs with both
camera types loaded. Please delete the old one and replace it with UberCam.

3. Various performance adjustments made to the code for all of the UberCam Camera Types.

4. Fixed a crash affecting all platforms where cloning any of the cameras in the UberCam
package while the property panel was active. This has been resolved. Clone away!

5. All Preview Camera planes are now changed from Orange to LibertyBlue.

6. Introduced Auto Distortion Scale in the UberCam FishEye Camera.

7. Skybox Cam now renders to two different patterns. Simple Cross
and "Blender3D" pattern.

-------------------|

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Liberty3D StereoCamera - BASIC USAGE GUIDE:

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Using the camera in your scene:

To make use of the camera in your scene you will need to change the width of the camera
resolution to twice that of the resolution you wish to have a single Eye frame size at.
For example - If you want to output in HDTV format which is 1920x1080, you will need to render
your scene at 3840x1080. This will give you a horizontally wide image twice that of 1920 pixels.

This will give you 1920 pixels per eye when recombined to produce the stereoscopic image.

Our Camera Renders both eyes at the same time which is, as far as we know a capability unique to
LightWave3D and this plug-in. The advantages to this are obvious. You no longer need to render
a scene twice, once per eye in order to get the images you are looking for. This is why our camera
renders the images side by side horizontally. This is very advantageous when working with modern
compositing packages like Eyeon Fusion 6.1 or higher as it has a stereo image combing function that
specifically can make use of horizontally stacked images and combine them to produce the stereoscopic
image result at what is more or less a push of a button. There are other advantages such as scene
file management complexity being reduced,render times over the network are reduced on multiple fronts
as well.

While this plug-in is not yet performance tuned, in most scenes it will very closely perform to that
of traditional lightwave stereoscopic rendering operations. We aim to actually go faster than rendering
using the built-in stereoscopic rendering function in LightWave 9.6.

A note on frame display: If you need to accurately preview the framing of your scene through the camera
view, you can use the Alternative Aspect Display function do so. You can enable this through the Display
Options Panel (press d). As a good starting point, use the width of your resolution for your Stereoscopic
target frame resolution. An example of this would be if your target stereoscopic frame resolution
(the final combined stereo image) is to be 1920x1080, enter in a value of 1.92.

This will closely match the actual framing but not exactly. It's a good starting point,
but even the default of 1.85 works right out of the box. Great stuff!

Liberty3D DualCam, 4Up Camera and 12Up Camera - BASIC USAGE GUIDE:

These cameras allow for any existing LightWave cameras in a scene to be rendered at the same time.

This is useful not only in outputting an existing stereo camera rig in side by side stacked stereo
files
but also as a pre-visualization tool, where the scene can be adjusted and viewed from multiple
camera locations. The 12Up camera can also be used to create custom skybox camera rigs.

Only one instance of a Multiple camera is allowed in a scene, and it is not permitted to select
the
multiple camera as one of the sub cameras.

Liberty3D Skybox Camera - BASIC USAGE GUIDE:

This camera provides a simple way to create cross shaped skybox files, which can then be cut up
into
individual files as a post-rendering step. Saves time from having to set up and rotate 6
cameras
every time a skybox render is required.

Liberty3D Perspective Cameras - BASIC USAGE GUIDE:

These cameras are identical in function to the Lightwave default Perspective camera,
with
performance enhancements. The gain on this is mostly to improve the responsiveness and speed

of preview renders such as F-Prime. As the camera calculations are small compared to the

calculation time required for the rest of the render, the final render time of a complex
memory
intensive scene may not benefit as much from using these cameras.

NOTE: These Perspective
Cameras are a work in progress still, so the benefits may or may not
be immediately apparent
until the next release.

Liberty3D Panoramic and Cylinder Cameras - BASIC USAGE GUIDE:

These cameras are the panoramic point camera and the cylinder line cameras with simple intuitive
controls.

Depth of Field is not available on these cameras. Also, the view In the Camera View is
not representative
of the field of view, as limitations of the perspective transform prevent
presenting an accurate view at all times.
We recommend not using the Camera View to set up shots,
rather use a rendering tool such as Fprime or a simple F9 render to evaluate.

Liberty3D Fisheye Cameras - BASIC USAGE GUIDE:

This camera presents spherical lens distortion typically found in actual lenses. If the Distortion
power is set to 1
and the Distortion Scale is set to 1, then the resulting image is identical to the
default Lightwave Perspective
Camera. A distortion Power greater than 1 pincushions the field of
view frustum inward. A distortion power less
than 1 barrels the field of view frustum outward.
That means parallel lines within the scene show up bending
in the opposite way in the final render.
As the power value increase results in a smaller field of view, a
second control called distortion
scale is provided to scale back up the field of view frustum without changing the
focal length.

A checkbox control is provided to automatically calculate the appropriate distortion scale in order
to perfectly
match the selected Focal Length and Zoom Factor.

Finally, as there is no way to accurately
represent non-linear cameras like this in the camera view, we alternatively
draw the camera view
rectangles in order to allow you to match camera shots within the camera view.

djlithium
10-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Only reason I didn't order the Stereoscopic Cam beta deal was because I got the impression that you needed FPrime to really benefit from the plugin [which I don't own or can afford], as the demo shots and vids all showed FPrime as a viewer, and I still don't know if not having FPrime will allow me to see the 3D effect in renders through native viewers of LW.

Also I only knew about this a week or so ago and now I need to pay an extra $15! $39.95 is not a lot of money, but it seemed the introductory pricing wasn't available very long.

BTW, it would be nice if the UberCam Pack could be discounted for those that have purchased QuadPanels. I know it's not your plugin, but it is from Liberty3D and should count for something!!

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy the plugin at some point [I like the ideas], but I need the above FPrime concern answered first.

Thanks

Jim Curtis
JMC Graphics

We could do a quadpanels/ubercam bundle possibly.
Be advised that in a couple of weeks the price for ubercam will be going up.

You don't need fprime to make use of the plug-in. It's not like Fprime is going to show it to you in "stereoscopic". That's not what its for. I use it to make sure I have good framing on left and right eye and ensure I have my resolutions set up properly.
I do the actual "stereo" mix in Fusion.