PDA

View Full Version : Moving the Camera - Camera doesent move.

HubuMedia
10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
hi all,
i am a lightwave noob but not new to 3d. I am trying to move the camera in layout, assuming i should go to , Modify, MOVE click on the camera and just move it... but it doesn't move. it just seems to be "stuck in that spot.

any help would be appreciated.

I am use to looking through the camera view, and being able to use keyboard shortcuts to move, rotate, pan tilt etc from the camera view... what am i missing?

HubuMedia
10-10-2010, 10:29 AM
i can move the camera if i select the "X,Y or Z axis but im looking to "Freely" move the camera on all axis if that make sense.

Dexter2999
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
When you say "select" the X,Y, or Z axis are you talking about clicking on the color coded arrows? Or are you talking about clicking on the X,Y, Z buttons at the lower left of the screen?
Those buttons are basically a way to lock an axis down by turning it off.
If all axis' (axisees?) are active you should be able to select the camera and then just click in space (careful not to select another object) and just move your mouse and the camera should follow.

nickdigital
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I can move the camera freely on my end.

Can you detail the exact process you're going through?

In camera view right clicking will move it on Y or Bank depending on which tool you're in. The T key is the shortcut for move and Y is for rotate.

Andrewstopheles
10-10-2010, 03:57 PM
press shift+c on the keyboard and see if that selects the camera for you

prometheus
10-11-2010, 01:15 AM
as Dexter2999 mentioned, Donīt left mouse klick and drag on the blue and red handle if you want to move freely, klick a bit outside of them and move and you should be able to move freely on all axis.

Michael