PDA

View Full Version : Need a FIX



Roadwarrior
10-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Having issues with Package_Scene" Lscript in LW96 on large scenes.

Waited 10mins minutes before trying to package the scene
several times.

Line 851,Invalid control identifier provided to getvalue{}

pops up all the time.

Tryed uninstall and reinstall of Lscript Plugin and still get the above error report.
Is there a fix?

Jarrod Davis or any :newtek: legend want to help out?

iain_r
10-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi,

That line refers to the target directory. I've attached my copy of the lscript which I know works. When you run the script what's the screen output for the target directory, is it valid/exist?

Regards

Iain.

Roadwarrior
10-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Hi Iain, Give us a few minutes and i can let you know

Roadwarrior
10-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Excuse my noobness on this stuff


Line 851 reads on your script:

tar_folder = getvalue(target_folder);
if ( strright(tar_folder,1) != bSlash)
tar_folder = tar_folder + bSlash;


and FURTHER DOWN:



psfilecopy: source, target
{

fileExists = filestat(source);

if (source != target && fileExists != nil)
copytest = filecopy(source, target);

return(copytest);

iain_r
10-09-2010, 06:30 AM
That's checking for the directory and the backslash as the last character, it adds one if it is not included by yourself. It then checks if the file exists in the source and then compares the source and target and does the file copying.

I take it that you have plenty of space to hold all the assets as it will take all the objects, textures, images, motions, etc. and copy to the target location with subdirectories.

Regards

Iain.

Roadwarrior
10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I take it that you have plenty of space to hold all the assets as it will take all the objects, textures, images, motions, etc. and copy to the target location with subdirectories.

Sure we have plenty of hdrive space Iain,its definetly the Lscript that was giving us the drama.
Is there any other way to debug Lscripts that you know of?
As these sorts of things happen from time to time so its good to have
a way to fix em up.

Are you a plugin developer?
Can you recommend any debug tools?

Tanks:thumbsup:

iain_r
10-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Hi,

You can put debug(); at the start of the function it will then pop up a debug panel, F10 steps through, help show the other keys that you can use, variables will show the value as you step through.
i.e.
refresh_items: value
{
debug();

I write the odd script and I am trying to develop some plugins with the SDK. I'll eventually look at the scripts/SDK for CORE but I'm just trying to develop for 9.6 at the moment.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Regards

Iain

Roadwarrior
10-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Thanks Iain for your support :thumbsup:
Will let you know when we have another problem like this.
Lscript is very beneficial when you understand it fully.
Finding time to just "Play around" well thats another
discussion altogether.

Cheers:)

Roadwarrior
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Well its at it again the 851 error.
Even running your Lscript version
It doesnt do it 10% of the time but the other 90%
well it just plain sucks,thats putting it nicely!
This thing needs some code inserted in it i reckon
to get it to bypass this error

Any ideas on some code?

iain_r
10-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Hi, did you try putting the debug() into the script to see what it was doing at that point. Also how big is this scene regarding objects, textures etc. When it fails has it copied anything to the new destination.

Regards, Iain.

iain_r
10-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Hi, I've just run with debug(); straight after generic { at start of script, this is where it picks up a value for target from a previous run. I can't find where this is stored in the cfg files. What I have found is that the directory to the content is updated and you need to reset the default path after the script is run. I'll have another look around to see if I can find anything else that might be of use.
Regards

Iain.

iain_r
10-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Hi,

You could try changing the following line number 75
target_set = recall("targetset",root);

with

// target_set = recall("targetset",root);
target_set = "C:\\Temp";

Just makes a comment of the original and adds a hardcoded path which you can then change to whatever you want, assuming you are on windows.

Regards
Iain.

Roadwarrior
10-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks heaps,hopeful this will resolve the issues with this otherwise
useful lscript.

We will see how that goes!:)