PDA

View Full Version : .x export?

meshmaster
09-22-2003, 06:42 AM
I need to export a .x file with animation. I got the scene generic exporter to export a .x file but it contained no animation even though I clicked the animation checkbox... anyone know how to do this the right way? I'm trying to do this for someone working in trueSpace and I'm creating the animation using Motion Builder's fbx before exporting in to layout.

WizCraker
09-22-2003, 08:14 PM
DStorm has a .x exporter.

meshmaster
09-22-2003, 09:15 PM
I can't seem to get it to do animation ... just stills?!?! Is it command line that you have to use to get the animation in there?

DaveW
09-22-2003, 10:21 PM
I don't think it works with boned animations. It does work for object translation, rotation, and scale.

meshmaster
09-23-2003, 05:46 AM
I'm using bones. How do you get rid of the bones but keep the animation?

Castius
09-23-2003, 11:17 AM
It works with bones but i forget what i had to do to get it working. Make sure you have the latest version from dstorm.

DaveW
09-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by meshmaster
I'm using bones. How do you get rid of the bones but keep the animation?

I think you can run MD Scan on it and then delete the bones. I just used segmented models when I was using it 3 years ago. The game engine didn't support mesh deformation so lack of bones wasn't an issue.

meshmaster
09-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46431...

BUT I'm still not able to get the animation out to .x ... If I keyframe in lw, it's fine and exports, but the problem is that using motion designer, the animation is being done via deforms... the deform button is still highlighted. The deforms do not export to .x... If I manually move some points and keyframe from the non-deformed character those do export... I think that there has to be a way to get the md point movements on to the actual scene file instead of the md animation... freeze the md somehow?... but I haven't figured out how to do it yet... anybody got a clue on how to do it?