PDA

View Full Version : Eye Tutorial Setup Help

cgisoul
10-06-2010, 07:53 AM
:stumped: Does anyone know where I can get a good tutorial for setting up a pair of good eyes in Lightwave? Not the modeling process, but setting up the materials the right way, transparency..... etc, whatever takes to create a realistic pair of eyes. My portrait is missing the eyes now...

Thanks for any directions, cheers.

Nangleator
10-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Forgive me, but this is actually a very funny question, given your avatar.

WilliamVaughan
10-06-2010, 08:10 AM
http://www.simplylightwave.com/movie_pages/tutorial.mhtml?tut_id=527

cgisoul
10-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Forgive me, but this is actually a very funny question, given your avatar.

Well setting up a simple fast skin in Lightwave is easy, modeling an eye is easy, but how to make the eyes look realistic that is stricky. Besides, the eyes IMO, defines the final art. One can have a great sculpt and skin shader and so on, but if your eyes are set wrong, your art is due to fail to deliver the impact it deserves. :) I take that as a compliment hehe :D :beerchug:

http://www.simplylightwave.com/movie_pages/tutorial.mhtml?tut_id=527

Thank you William :thumbsup:

P.S. I can't download the files even after registering. When I click on the download link, it asks me if I want to save vip_download_3.pl file?? Perl Script ? Something is wrong here... Have anyone experienced that?

speismonqui
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
SimplyLightwave is a bit tricky, just click the download button, then the zip file. don't use right click + save as, because it'll give that "vip_download". hope that helps...

cgisoul
10-06-2010, 08:15 PM
SimplyLightwave is a bit tricky, just click the download button, then the zip file. don't use right click + save as, because it'll give that "vip_download". hope that helps...

The problem is that I have the Download Accelerator installed in my computer and everytime I try, it saves as the vip_download.pl file.
I used another computer that doesn't have DA installed and it works without a problem. :thumbsup:

speismonqui
10-07-2010, 03:40 PM
oh, I see...