PDA

View Full Version : 3Play in HDSDI mode with analog audio

johnsoncz3
10-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Greetings,

I'm just checking if anyone is using their 3Play in HD-SDI mode with analog audio inputs. We made the leap from SD to HD-SDI and are quite pleased with the results considering 3Play's price point. However, in running with analog audio rather than embedded audio we discovered that our two units would only accept an analog audio input on channel 1. Channels 2-4 do not show audio input using the same source successfully working on channel 1. Upon calling tech support they immediately without much trouble RMAed both of our units saying they must be defective.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light if both machines really are defective or perhaps there might be a limitation in this configuration. (Basically does someone else have this working). We are still an analog audio facility so embedding audio to the HD-SDI signal isn't the best option.

I just don't want to have to tie up the machines in an unecessary and unproductive RMA cycle if there's really no reason to.

Thanks for any input.

psievers
10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
We are actually getting ready to test this exact scenario... we have embedded nat sound audio coming over SDI currently, but we wanted to add radio announcer analog audio to the 3-play as well so that the individual highlights would have the play by play call... I'll let you know how it works if it does...