PDA

View Full Version : good old ENGLAND!

oliversimonnet
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM
wow, this is more of a thing you talk about with mates and stuff
but i just thought i would put it on the forms hehe

been in england 6 months now, college about a month. well today, me and my mates were just hangind and then we bumped into a big groope of lads.
who started giving it all the biggen, so my and m8 mates walked a way but they folowed. and well one of my mated was an idiot and started on them as well. and well you can guess waht happened 4 of us 15 to 20 of them, didnt end well.

the whole point of this when all is all
the point i put this on the forms was to tell every one

if there is a big groope of lads you dont know, just walk away.

P.S. i know not something really interestin, but... people need to know how it is these days
they hunt in paks!

cresshead
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
stay safe, walk, run, fly away...you never know what's in their pockets or what state of mind they are in [drugs]

as STINKY PETE [toy story 2] said 'it's a dangerous world out there'

crashnburn
10-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Having studied and taught martial arts for 20 years until recently when I had to stop due to a car accident I can say that most people who I learned with or who I taught had been bullied at some point, and usually by a group with a ring leader. Bullies generally do travel in packs for support. On the rare occasion I have retaliated against a bully because they gave me no choice they have backed down, but it doesn't make me feel better. I felt guilty afterwards that I had to go to lengths to stop someone bullying me.

You did well to walk away and the right thing. And yes your mate was an idiot, but hopefully he will have learned from it. Fear generally makes us retaliate. And nice people don't hang on street corners in groups hurling abuse, so they are easy to spot. Not everyone in England is like that....fortunately. Some people still have respect for other people and their property. Unfortunately there's a lot of people who think respect should be given and don't know how to earn it.

Lee U
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Good old England or not, this can happen anywhere in the world. Trouble comes in many different packages.

richdj
10-04-2010, 04:41 PM
First thing... Walking away was so the right thing to do.

You will find that they are like a pack of animals, and one has to show off to the others, then another has to and so on. What starts as a mild verbal assault by one group, will over time escalate to a violent one. Peer pressure for the 21st century. The underlying problem is, nothing happens to the majority of them. They get a slap on the wrist at worst and for those that do go to young offenders or even prison, it's normally a step up in their living conditions. And they get their street cred for it as well.

There have been a number of these type of events that have led to people dying. A group of yobs wanting to show off to their mates. Someone decides they have had enough, or just says no and then theres the problem.

I deal with a number of these youths, and they believe the world owes them. I even had a disagreement about respect. One lad told me, and take into account, I'd only said hello (or something similar), he wouldn't respect me or my role, as I didn't show him any respect. I told him I agree and I'd take his stance and not respect him, until he showed me some. He was very confused for hours..

That said, and trust me I only see the [email protected] at work. There are some very nice places in the UK. It's like any other country, some are [email protected] and some are nice. It's finding the right ones that is difficult...

Rich

oliversimonnet
10-05-2010, 01:18 AM
thanks for all the replyes, and advice fellas :)
and yes it is best to walk and keep walking, gata add, all i was thinking about at thet ime was, " i dont feel like getting stabed today" hahaha, but lukly there was no weapons invilved, (thank god).

OnlineRender
10-05-2010, 04:38 AM
thanks for all the replyes, and advice fellas :)
and yes it is best to walk and keep walking, gata add, all i was thinking about at thet ime was, " i dont feel like getting stabed today" hahaha, but lukly there was no weapons invilved, (thank god).

Iv'e had a knife pulled on me a few times , once in Blackpool "never go there again " and twice in Glasgow . . . .

the first one I bounced the guy about like a rag doll and the other two I ran away faster than a starving child in ethopia with a dinner ticket . . .

Moral of the story ,dosnt matter how good a fighter you are , you need to catch me first .

when you have had 5 guys bounce on your head , you will understand this . .

Elmar Moelzer
10-05-2010, 05:51 AM
My personal rule for this sort of conflict is: unless you are the side with the superior numbers AND firepower, better do a tactical retreat. You can come back for them when things look better for you ;)

walfridson
10-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Lived here for 1,5 years now, twice been pushed on the street by drunk people trying to start something...

Had no problems in Sweden.... :D

philippe
10-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Lived here for 1,5 years now, twice been pushed on the street by drunk people trying to start something...

Had no problems in Sweden.... :D

Pushed by drunk people in England ? come on, i don't believe you:D

oliversimonnet
10-05-2010, 09:56 AM
thatks for the advise to you all :)

i persoanly would have ran away, but my friend stayed (hes like a brother) and i was not going to let him go down on his own, he needed some one there with him.

andd ye "Pushed by drunk people in England" haha sounds very strange haha

crashnburn
10-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Drink's one of the biggest causes here in the UK. I can't understand the enjoyment people get out of getting so drunk. Or how they can afford it, happy hours asside it still works out expensive for a full night. I like a drink, but for me it's to relax, not as a rage enhancer.

Hieron
10-05-2010, 11:26 AM
My personal rule for this sort of conflict is: unless you are the side with the superior numbers AND firepower, better do a tactical retreat. You can come back for them when things look better for you ;)

Problem is, you can't judge firepower easily sometimes.. And numbers mean ****. Some persons can be alone and you better not get near them..

My lil bro backed away with a group of friends from a handfull of guys they had reasons to suspect were less "friendly" (carefull not to name anything) even though no weapons seemed involved and they were with alot more people.

They backed away but the bully ringleader tripped over a wire and fell head first to the ground, so they laughed. The guys pride was hurt, ran for his car (this was on the parking lot) and grabbed a gun. His buddies could not really stop him and urged my brother and his friends to get away. He aimed the gun for the car of my bro and only missed because a friend (other car) tried to run him over and he had to move. (the gf of whom tugged the steering weel according to legend). Resulting in a bullethole in the car (but no one hit) and a mad car chase behind them.

So I guess it's not a UK only thing..

ps: I never run into such things really, there's not much knives and guns where I am at 3am sunday morning. You know, behind the pc trying to not miss deadlines and all.
pps: and remember kids, it's not guns that kill people. People do. But the gun helps ofcourse.. you must be really dodgy on the heart to die from "ratatat boom, beng" (Eddie Izzard :))

Ow and sorry to hear Oliver, hope it didn't get too bad..

oliversimonnet
10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Problem is, you can't judge firepower easily sometimes.. And numbers mean ****. Some persons can be alone and you better not get near them..

My lil bro backed away with a group of friends from a handfull of guys they had reasons to suspect were less "friendly" (carefull not to name anything) even though no weapons seemed involved and they were with alot more people.

They backed away but the bully ringleader tripped over a wire and fell head first to the ground, so they laughed. The guys pride was hurt, ran for his car (this was on the parking lot) and grabbed a gun. His buddies could not really stop him and urged my brother and his friends to get away. He aimed the gun for the car of my bro and only missed because a friend (other car) tried to run him over and he had to move. (the gf of whom tugged the steering weel according to legend). Resulting in a bullethole in the car (but no one hit) and a mad car chase behind them.

So I guess it's not a UK only thing..

ps: I never run into such things really, there's not much knives and guns where I am at 3am sunday morning. You know, behind the pc trying to not miss deadlines and all.
pps: and remember kids, it's not guns that kill people. People do. But the gun helps ofcourse.. you must be really dodgy on the heart to die from "ratatat boom, beng" (Eddie Izzard :))

Ow and sorry to hear Oliver, hope it didn't get too bad..

yes i do agree with that
numbers dont matter
but lately people have been using weapons alot more, eaven dogs have become pretty popular weapons aswell here in the UK.

in my opinion people who need a weapon, are just SAD.

Jim_C
10-05-2010, 01:30 PM
kinda OT sorry but thought you folks 'over there' might find this funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM

Teen kid can nail 24 accents (mostly from in and around the Great Britain area). It's kinda funny the personalities he gives to each accent to match the stereotype of the area.

Like watching a Guy Ritchie flick at times...

oliversimonnet
10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
hahaha
that is very impresive haha

DarkLight
10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
That's the problem right there, you're in "England", come across to Wales ;). I've never had that problem here :)

Seriously thought it's part of the reason i quite like living in a small valley, i can walk around here anytime of the day or night and it doesn't cross my mind to worry about things like this.

oliversimonnet
10-05-2010, 03:13 PM
haha
im not racest or anything agains the welsh or anything ( my ex was part welsh) but i dont tend to get on with tem haha :)
i dunno why tho

DarkLight
10-05-2010, 03:16 PM
haha
im not racest or anything agains the welsh or anything ( my ex was part welsh) but i dont tend to get on with tem haha :)
i dunno why tho

If you're going to keep saying things like that, don't expect a christmas card from me :p

oliversimonnet
10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
If you're going to keep saying things like that, don't expect a christmas card from me :p

hahah i dint meen any offence pal :)
il send you one just to keep it cool between us hahaha ;)

DarkLight
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
No offence taken, I'm hard to offend. Besides, my brother lives in England so i have to be nice :D :D :D

oliversimonnet
10-05-2010, 03:37 PM
haha ok cool :)