PDA

View Full Version : Morph Mixer...weird problem

finearts2
10-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi folks,
I am using morph mixer for some facial animation.

If I move the slider to create an TH phoneme (say 80 percent) and hit the K to keyframe it, say on frame 1 for example, then move the slider back to 0 percent, hit the K on frame 10, I then move another slider to create an L phoneme and hit the K to keyframe it on frame 10, when I scrub through the timeline, there are sliders I haven't even touched moving in positive or negative amounts. It's not even just the L slider that moved on frame 10, Ill have the AH, O, M and others moving.

I'm on a mac, I rigged the face with some bones that I am manually moving (like the Jaw) but I am stumped!!!! Anyone have a suggestion to help? Please???

nickdigital
10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
It's odd that you're hitting the "K" key each time you want to place a key. Morph mixer sliders auto-key. At least they do on PC. Actually hitting the "K" key after you've moved the slider un-keys that value.

Are you hitting the "Reset Group" key each time?

Your other sliders shouldn't be moving in and out of values if all the keys are at the same value.

finearts2
10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
It's weird... I have my limits set from 0 to 100 but the graph editor shows some going into negative territory sometimes in the animation... I think I was doing something wrong (obviously) and went into each endomorph and made things linear so at least make 0 stay 0.

I didn't slide the morph sliders back to 0 while building the animation...example...have morph A and B..............Morph A 100%, morph B 0% on frame 1, Morph A 0%, morph B 100% on frame 10, Morph A 100%, morph B 0% on frame 20.

I believe that's what screwed things up, forgot to make Morph A keyframe at 0 on frame 10.

This does bring up a question though, is there a really good tutorial on morph mixer? Even in the help menu, there is some gray areas, and I would really like to know as much as possible about it.

Thanks for your help :)

nickdigital
10-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I think what you're seeing is what happens with curves that are set to TCB. Unfortunately you can't specify what type of curves Morph Mixer can default to.

When I use morph mixer I just plot out my animation and then select everything in GE and set them to linear. From there you can finesse your animation.

Not sure if there are any tutorials on Morph Mixer. That tool is pretty straight forward. Is there something specific you have a question on?

finearts2
10-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks Nick,

Just was wondering if there is something I was missing, but it sounds like I stumbled on what you do for your animation.

I really appreciated you taking the time to help out!!! :)