PDA

View Full Version : Is my keyboard dying

THREEL
10-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm having some problems with my keyboard. The Ctrl, Alt, & Cap Locks keys have decided to quit working. I'm trying to decide if my keyboard is getting ready to kick the bucket, or if maybe something was inadvertently disabled, somehow, or if there may be some kind of virus causing my problems.

OK! I just found out that the cursor actually jumps up a row of text every time I hit the space key, which made these last couple of sentences very hard to type. Strange!!!

Any advice is already greatly appreciated!

cresshead
10-03-2010, 04:31 AM
keyboards are what...5...get a new one!
however a note of caution on mac keyboards which cost around 50....a friend cleaned his with a damp cloth and several keys died....

Traveler
10-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Try hooking it up to an other pc to see if the problem remains. If it does then it may be time to get a new one.

THREEL
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
keyboards are what...5...get a new one!
however a note of caution on mac keyboards which cost around 50....a friend cleaned his with a damp cloth and several keys died....

Yep! That's what I did! Bought me a $13 keyboard, and also, a $15 USB hub, because I knew that my USB ports were already occupied.

BTW--my keyboard was getting so messed up that when I would hit keys like (e) & (i), I would get the characters 3,4 & 8,9 added to the mix. That gave some brand new looks to simple words. Ha!

Thanks guys!