PDA

View Full Version : Syntheyes to lightwave help

jnddepew
10-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm having trouble getting my syntheyes tracking to look good in lightwave. When I track this scene in syntheyes and then place a test object (within syntheyes), the camera track is almost perfect but in lightwave it is wobbly and looks horrible. I'm including a lightwave render to show what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=282SzzgjbIA

bassmanjam
10-03-2010, 12:09 AM
sometimes I have to change the starting frame of the background image sequence by a frame forwards or backwards (I forget which).

gordonrobb
10-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Yeh there are normally only two reasons for this. Firstly as said before, make sure you are synched to the right starting frame (0 or 1) as set in the compositing tab. Also, and a little more difficult, you need to make sure you have got your CG elements on the right level in 3dspace

jnddepew
10-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I changed the In frame from 0 to 1 and I'm getting much better results. Thanks!

bassmanjam
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Recently I had some footage that was at 23.98fps. All was well in Synth Eyes. When I went to Lightwave, I verified the starting frame was correct, but it still wasn't exactly right. Eventually, I found that even though LW's frame rate was correctly set to 23.98fps, it wasn't until I changed it to 24fps that the track became solid.

3DGFXStudios
10-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Recently I had some footage that was at 23.98fps. All was well in Synth Eyes. When I went to Lightwave, I verified the starting frame was correct, but it still wasn't exactly right. Eventually, I found that even though LW's frame rate was correctly set to 23.98fps, it wasn't until I changed it to 24fps that the track became solid.

I had the same problem with the frame rate. I had to set the image sequence to 30 instead of 29.7.

In the general options I had 29.7 and in the image editor 30. Strange!!!
Looks like a bug to me?

gordonrobb
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Did you also have the switch that allows partial frames selected? I think you need at switch on too.

archijam
10-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I also find that (if you can shoot at high resolution) shooting as smooth as possible is the best, then add the tiniest bit of shake to the camera in post (if that's what you want).

It's the sudden movements that give the tracking away IME.