PDA

View Full Version : How to Pin goals down

lisellemono1
10-01-2010, 09:33 PM
im in the middle of an animation project for my diploma. our teacher is not very good at teaching us what to actually do. how can i pin certain things in place (or bake) so they dont get ruined when i keep animating?

im currently trying to make a fat pig character sneak around a corner. ive got the legs looking great with their motion, but realised i need to make him generally move foward with the torso and rest of body (so he doesnt end up doing the limbo) but when i try to move the body fowards, it looks great. the foot seems to drag back where i need it to stay, but then when i play the animation, the leg now no longer is placed with the same stretch and position. ive lost all the animation principles that ive worked so hard to make. now its a stupid little weird step.

thinking at this point its best to cheat it and hide it with camera angles, but for the long run, yeah, how do i pin down that foot or something, the always slide around.

nickdigital
10-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Replace all your objects with nulls and post the lws file. Then we can dissect your file and figure out what's going on.

What you're describing is a basic IK setup so something about your file must be setup wrong.